What HEADPHONE would be the best for home recording?

haz_flow

I'm very eager of building up a home recording studio.
And what is confirmed on my list are the - Line 6 Toneport UX2 &
- Audio Technica at2020 condenser

The only thing i'm concerned about is what headphone would be suitable for my recordings.
I'm inexperience in headphones..so could anyone name me a GOOD(in most opinions) and of reasonable priced headphone for d studio?

Or is my sound system good enough? (it has front,rear,center & bass speakers)
(it's either altec lansing or creative)

Anyway,I'm thinking of something that's not higher than $250 as i'm not that wealthy..lolz..
Help me name them,anyone?

Thank You..!

Go to Jaben Network @Adelphi, there you can try all the headphones u want, many brands, Beyerdynamic, Shure, Sennheiser, etc....
Try DT770PRO, DT150 (for flat sound & good hear cupping) or ATH-M30 (more bass bias)
All price within yr budget. Good luck!

Grado MS-1 FTW!!! lol. About $160. good for entry level listening and most prolly recording too. (u can get this in jaben)

i am using the sony mdr-700 dj decent for recording, use it for all my studio work and home recording and the occasional headphone practicing

i got a audio technica A700. superb monitoring headphones. brand new condition at 150 retails 215. if u keen contact me 96714402

Go for the Alessandro MS-1 (Grado Lab) ~!!~

MS-1 , Alessandro , makers for Guitarists Amp sound~ , definitely not more than $ 180,

yes, try Jaben !!!

I only uses Sony's Professional series: MDR-7506 or MDR-7509. It's widely used in all area of sound/audio productions from recording studios around the world to even hollywood's film sound.

Can be found in Singapore, but hard. Because of it's local rare-ness but yet popular, dealer's in Singapore are selling at different prices, ranging from S$230-S$280.

Buying via online will have a more fixed price. BUT however, (because Sony has got factories around the world), buying via online will have the risk of getting those Made-in-China stock.

Sennheiser are not too bad either. I use HD555. There are pretty good reviews and happy users who have the higher end HD series. I used to use Audio Technica - very good. Lasted me for a long time till it died.

I would recommend Audio Technica A700. Great cans for home recording.

If you really want to save money, the Sennheiser HD-201s are great for the budget-conscious.

Using headphones to mix is all about getting use to how your headphones sound and able to work around it. Of coz you would like to find a headphones that have good frequency respond. However that is almost not possible as headphones will not have good high and low frequency response.

Many engineer have their own preference of headphones. As long as you are able to compensate your mixes. My recommendation for headphones would be the Beyerdynamics DT770.

http://www.beyerdynamic.de/en/music...ase_pi1[showUid][backPID]=68&cHash=ea6cb3ee29

Back