WAH pedals

decibels

haha hey guys can i know what's the difference between morley and crybaby? Which of this provides more versatility in playing? What's the difference between the crybaby series GCB-95F, 535Q and BB-535?

decibels said:
haha hey guys can i know what's the difference between morley and crybaby? Which of this provides more versatility in playing? What's the difference between the crybaby series GCB-95F, 535Q and BB-535?

Here's a ballpark answer,

For an example of Morley wah tones, listen to Steve Vai recordings.

For crybaby tones, check out GNR recordings.

If you looking at the crybaby series, do consider the 535q which has good versatility and should sound decent through clean and distorted tones.

Morleys shine when used with distortion. Thats pretty much the way they're voiced.

On the hardware side, do note that Morley's electro-optical pots and circuitry purpotedly makes the Morleys more hardy and lasting than other wah brands with mechanical pots.

I do agree that opto circuit will give virtually unlimited life cycles to the wah. But the signal chain has many more added path to go thru, so to the purist, the traditional POT is still more feel to the circuit. Anyway, the JD pots lasts a million cycles, so to the average musician will last at least 5-10yrs service before replacement.

Pure analog means life and tone to music in the likes of hendrix. These are days of chopped up signals, which mean easy creation of music but loss of expression and short audience span.

just to revive this thread about wahs... i have recently bought a vox wah ...
this guy george installed a fasal inductor.. .wanted to sell it to me for 120.
i told him to add a true bypass switch and a 9volt adapter input...
all in all...i paid him $190. abit exx..but considering all the mods done to it ....i was happy as the sound was FANTASTIC. really really nice... crybaby and morley users should seriously consider a change to vox... the true bypass etc are just basic tonal upgrades... a vox wah will still sound better stock.

i initially wanted a budda wah ... but the dude didnt return my mails... so i ended up with the vox.
wanted to ask if anyone here has 2 wah pedals... i really want the budda but its like im being abit over indulgent ...

btw anyone wanna trade their route 66 with the vox pedal?.. i'll top up abit of cash if neccessary!!!!

I had 2 wahs running together before. The crybaby 535q and the vox. Gave the 535q away to a friend. Too troublesome, too many knobs to fiddle with. Opted for the vintage, user friendly vox. Not to mention it sounds really good =D

vox wahs > JD wahs

That's my take on that, though I haven't tried Vox yet. Own a GCB-95, mid-range not as good as it seems to be.

you guys know if got any way to "tighten" the rocking motino... my wah pedal the rocking motion abit loose... need alot of control from my ankle and foot... which in turn CRAMPS my calve muscle... i look damn dumb lor... play 3 mins wah funk rythm..then need to stretch my calve muscle...
mucham going for a run...

Of late my vox wah has been a real bit*h, extremely noisy when triggered. Anyone knows how to eliminate the noise? Other than the noise she cries real well.

i think the v wah is something like a line6 product. Its modelling and either you like modelling products or you dont.

For good old rock tones get a vox v847 or a crybaby gcb95 if your budget is lower.

For something more modern get the dimebag crybaby or the 535q, you can adjust the wah settings on both but they are more expensive.

For modern sounds with adjustable wah peakiness plus a switchless feature, get the bad horsie 2.

Of course there are many other boutique wahs out there like the tech21, the budda etc, which i dont think are readily available here.

I think there is a wah to suit everybody :)

I heard this one clip of a wah pedal made by RMC call Wheel Of Fire, muz make special order tahn can get one, real damn nice sia !!!!

-Beast

I heard this one clip of a wah pedal made by RMC call Wheel Of Fire, muz make special order tahn can get one, real damn nice sia !!!!

Vintage or modern sounding?

Anyone tried the Jim Dunlop GCB-95F? Would like to know if there's a significant difference between the normal GCB-95 Crybaby wah VS the newer model with the Fasel inductor.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back