to do simple recording at home

thanks penguin..the delta 66 seems like a really cool option too...to layman...what is it about the delta 66 that justifies the extra 100$...

hehe sorry for all these questions..but ive made too mayn impulsive decisions to make oen more right now:)...

What about the delta66 that justifies the money? The I/O. And the thing is, if your comp is a desktop kind of thing, PCI card would work even better than firewire.

I was running on the assumption that you had a laptop system... My bad. :p

If you are using a desktop, you'll definitely want to go PCI, unless you have a mobile rig too.

ohh i only gota desktop..but its pretty decent....2.66 Ghz,1 gb ram...128 mb Geforce 5600 fx...blah blah..the only thiongs that suck is the soundcard...haha i thought the soundblaster live was a good one when i bought it...turns out...its CRAP....the number of times the diagnostics agent has to fix somethign...jeez...hehe...

Well thanks a lot u guys...i think i have a fairly good idea about what i need to do....im a total noob to recording music....U guys seem like pros....maybe to help us noobs out u guys could write some posts on good recording...and not those general posts but detailed posts on particula topics u know??...

thanks and cheers

shawn040 said:
Thanks Fibrewire for your midi cable information. I will go look for it.

fibredrive...hehe. altho fibrewire is pretty cool...heh. no worries. anytime. hope u get up and going real quick and let us hear some stuff soon! cheers

Back