Tips on getting a bass

i think GSRs are the best selling basses cos of the IBANEZ brand and also the price. from what ive read and heard from mxtabs, harmony-central, talkbass.com, the GSR range is really good for the beginner level. thats why it sells. beginners want to get their hands on the first bass and they dont want sammicks or corts or sxs so they want something established and go for the ibanez range. thats how i see it.

I personally do not like most ibanez basses. Necks feel like a baseball bat. And I don't really like the whole aesthetics of it.

There was only one exception. The Ibanez bass at G77 jam studio was light, and had a very nice modern tone to it. Quite an enjoyable bass to play with. :)

on the subject of ESP/ LTD basses: there are other, non-metal looking basses offered by this brand name, it's just that they aren't available here. this J-basss is an example...

J1004_ng.jpg

ah .. i see alot of people here don't really like Ibanez .. well .. personally for me .. if i'd had an ibanez .. i would have changed the pickups. If you ask me personally, i don't like their stock pickups even though it produces a really nice bass sound, like what Visa said .. yes, you can put it in that way that they have no personality,

but if you want to debate along that line ... Fenders may not have personality also what? like what someone said .. so i feel really it's a personal choice .. doesn't really matter if you don't like Ibanez .. i do and i'm not here to change your stand but if i can i'm glad, if not, it's still cool ... we all have different tastes and preferences ..

To RottenRamone: .. i don't agree that Ibanez necks feel like baseball bats, i used to own a SRX505 and that neck was one of the thinnest necks i've ever played .. maybe there are thinner ones around but i know that Ibanez's necks are seriously thin. .. I'm trying to eye for a old Ibanez SR series . that time one guy was selling some Japan-made SR886 on Luther but i no $$$ to get it .. *sobs* ..

Hey, anyone checked out the fender website recently? New bass' is out... frank bello signature.

Seymour DUnc quarterpound split coil (the mark hoppus one?), one single jazz coil pick up, badass III bridge, jazz body, precision neck and imho, it's a beefed up version of the mark hoppus signature, except that it looks less gawdy. (apologies to the mark hoopus fans). Still no tone control tho.

haha, to me, this looks damn promising. that is if they bring it in.

exin said:
To RottenRamone: .. i don't agree that Ibanez necks feel like baseball bats, i used to own a SRX505 and that neck was one of the thinnest necks i've ever played .. maybe there are thinner ones around but i know that Ibanez's necks are seriously thin. .. I'm trying to eye for a old Ibanez SR series . that time one guy was selling some Japan-made SR886 on Luther but i no $$$ to get it .. *sobs* ..

im a baseball player and i think you've got it wrong. haha. actually baseball bats are thin and heavy. haha. i think he meant that the neck was heavy not thick. hahaha. :wink:

whats the difference between a MIJ and a MIM? are there any significant differences in sound or whatsoever?

Back