The Proletariat Poetry Factory

ZoRt

PPFposterforterry.jpg

The Proletariat Poetry Factory will be making its largest performance to date, with the recruitment and activation of 9 Servile Poets, alongside a line-up of experimental noise artists and musicians who will perform as The Board of Supreme Controllers.

To date, this is the only organised performance by The Proletariat Poetry Factory that has been announced, as prior events were unplanned and unannounced to the public.

Randomly making its appearances in flea markets like MAAD, FleaFlyFloFun and Black Market at Dempsey, this will be The Proletariat Poetry Factory’s first performance as a cohesive group.

The work process remains the same, as it always has been. Give them a word to inspire the poem, leave a name behind, collect the typewritten poem and pay any amount for it.

A constant audio feed by The Board of Supreme Controllers via headphones aims to maximise productivity, by maintaining servility of poet labourers and complete mental submission to the system.

At this inaugural event, The Proletariat Poetry Factory is aiming to manufacture and sell the largest volume of spontaneous poems in one sitting to date, as they set their sights on industrial performances of an even bigger scale.

Event date: 5th July 2008
Venue: The Substation Gallery
45 Armenian Street
Exhibition Timing: 12pm – 8pm
Show timings: 1pm, 3pm, 6pm
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=16482221585

Co-Ordinated by: Platform
Co-Presented: The Substation

-----------------------------

Contact for more info:
Platform
plasticblackspecs@gmail.com

------------------------------

About The Proletariat Poetry Factory

The Proletariat Poetry Factory is a collective of individuals, bound together by the common desire to deal with the inherent collusion of the need to consume, and the need to produce, with the deeper subtext being the questionable nature of capitalism.

Using poetry as the main traded currency, The Proletariat Poetry Factory hopes to fully embody the values of the working class, thereby redeeming our lost souls by giving ourselves over fully to the very ideology that consumes us.

It is the desire of The Proletariat Poetry Factory to see the mark of capitalism burned deeper into their flesh, as they seek to expand and propagate the consciousness of the working class; characterised by the consistent need to strive for greater success, vindicated by the only true currency of our existence: capital.

Just sign up man :) It'll be fun. And serious at the same time. Serious fun. Seriously fun. Seriously. <- looped

I've perfected my frying chicken sounds and refrigerator hums on my laptop. My VST plug-ins are damn way to go already!

i'm pretty new to this whole 'sound artist' thing. can I just play a cdr and mess around with a bass guitar or something?

MESS AROUND???? this is aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttt!!!!!!!!! imagine if Spartans were artists too hehehe

Those who wants to come jam with us. Show time is at 1pm, 3pm and 6pm. Please come half hour before. 2 line ins will be provided. Bring your own cables. If you do not have any equipment, come play with ours then :p

Back