The Great Chelsea FC Thread

haiz... lost again.. omg.. whats going on sia.. chealsea.. why...
nid a change of manager arrr.. the avram grant(i suppose his name is spelled that way) should be change arrrr... why jose must leave chealsea.. if not i thing 2 titles would already be chealsea's,, damn the manager.. arhhg... really2 depressing... haha. actually not at all lat..
BUT WHY!!!!!

You cant really blame him, he had only minimal coaching experience and not even the UEFA coaching badge. Blame Mourinho, his mouth got him into trouble.
Thats his only shortcoming, without it, he would have been a near-perfect manager.
But thanks to his mouth, we got quite alot of entertaining debates from the managers.:D

not sure jose was foul mouthed, dont seem to recall that moment. i believe the arse and manure were just upset with him coming in and messing up there plans to dominate the league between themselves. for me the epl is not as much fun without him around. basically a good man, did a lot for the game over here in his time. long live the king.......

Blame Mourinho, his mouth got him into trouble.
Thats his only shortcoming, without it, he would have been a near-perfect manager.
But thanks to his mouth, we got quite alot of entertaining debates from the managers.:D

Actually bro, mourinho's big mouth managed to take ALOT of media attention away from players and on to himself. That was what mourinho intended to do in the first place, taking away unnecessary pressure and media insults on his players. Thats y i respect him ALOT as a manager, even though im a manu fan. chelsea and ass 'ole-nal still suck. heh:D

Mourhino and Arsene are worst enemies, followed by Mourhino and Benitez then Mourhino and Ferguson.
Still, he's an amazing manager nonetheless.
Whos chelski going to bring in next season....

but u see , he deserved to be called The Special One.
ive never seen a manger so entertaining. i mean , some ppl watch chelski games for him.
his reactions when chelsea puts in a goal is priceless. i still miss tho .
but maybe roman abra fired him cuz he keep losing games and maybe he continued his craps even when talkin to abra.

and bout the FA cup match , speechless.
grant told the press that he didnt see that coming.
so he tried his best and thus he expected a win . maybe lucks not on our side.
i pity manu tho. but im happy they went off too. ha.
now its jus the UCL and BPL title race. ah well.

You've got it all wrong Plastic. Mourinho and Benitez are the worse enemies. THey did not even shake each others hands. Followed by Wenger and Mourinho.Mourinho and Ferguson are friends fyi.

Yea Mourinho and Ferguson are friends, they always share a bottle of wine in the dressing room after the match between their teams. Mourinho and Benitez are enemies too, they always refused to shake hands after their match. Mourinho and Wenger are also enemies, Mourinho once labelled Wenger a "Voyeur" and the frenchman threaten to sue him.

CHELSEA VS ARSENAL

Top spot chasers Chelsea and Arsenal cross swords at Stamford Bridge, where the Blues have not lost in 77 Premier League games since the Gunners defeated them four years and one month ago. Arsenal are also the only side to deny them any points in 23 outings.

Avram Grant's side shared eight goals with Spurs in a White Hart Lane thriller on Wednesday night, but the two points dropped has left them five points behind table toppers Manchester United; Arsenal have drawn their last four, lost the leadership and go into this clash three points behind the Red Devils. All three clubs have eight to play.

Arsenal's season will be defined in the next three weeks, with Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United all to face in the league, as well as Champions League quarter-final meetings with Liverpool.

Arsenal are vying for a fourth Premier League title, Chelsea a third, and both are aiming to prevent United from clinching a 10th crown and back-to-back titles for the fifth time in the Premier League era.

Chelsea's defeat to Arsenal in December is their only loss in 16 Premier League London derbies; Arsenal have only lost one of 15 (0-1, home to West Ham on 7 April last year), and have won all seven this season.

Chelsea have only won one of their last 11 home Premier League meetings with Arsenal. Didier Drogba's 73rd minute goal was the difference between the sides on 21 August 2005.

CLUB FORM

CHELSEA

1. Won nine and drawn four of the last 13, since losing 1-0, away to Arsenal on 16 December - their only reverse in 23.

2. This is Avram Grant's 25th league match in charge; they have won 16 of the previous 24 (67%), and been beaten just twice. Lost only to Manchester United (a) and Arsenal (a) since Grant's appointment, as well as to Tottenham in the Carling Cup final and Barnsley in the FA Cup.

3. Won 19 matches; only Manchester United (22) have won more. Lost three; only Arsenal have lost fewer (one). Dropped 25 points in the top division; only Manchester United (20) and Arsenal (23) have dropped fewer.

4. Let in 22 goals at one every 123 minutes (two hours three minutes) on average this season; only Manchester United (15) and Liverpool (21) have shipped fewer.

5. Kept 17 clean sheets in the highest league; only the Red Devils beat that (1Cool. Also, managed shut-outs in six of the last nine.

6. Picked up six red cards in this league. Only Fulham have also had that many players sent off.

7. Not lost when scoring first; won 16 and drawn three of 19.

8. The midweek 4-4 draw with Spurs was the second time this season they had shared eight goals; the home clash with Aston Villa on Boxing Day also ended 4-4. In addition, they scored half a dozen goals in their last home fixture, the 6-1 pummelling of relegation-routed Derby on 12 March.

9. Won 45 and drawn 16 of 61 at home in all competitions since the 1-2 defeat to Barcelona in the Champions League on 22 February 2006. Not lost a league game at the Bridge since the 1-2 reverse to Arsenal on 21 February 2004 (won 57, drawn 20). Not lost in 97 domestic matches in front of the home faithful if penalty shoot-outs are excluded, since the defeat to Arsenal over four years ago.

10. Another home fixture against Middlesbrough follows this. Then it'll be the away and home legs of the Champions League quarter-final against Fenerbahce, before another home league match, against Wigan.

ARSENAL

1. Drawn the last four. Last drew five on the spin between 3 January and 19 February 1994.

2. Drawn five of six, and lost one of 11 (all competitions).

3. Won eight and drawn six of 14 since the 2-1 loss against Middlesbrough at the Riverside on 9 December. That's their only defeat in 30 this season, and in 37 in total in just under a year.

4. Lost fewer matches this season than any other club (one), and failed to score in fewer (two).

5. Won 19 games, scored 58 goals, dropped 23 points and have a goal difference of +36; only Manchester United exceed that with 22 wins, 61 goals, 20 points dropped and a goal difference of +46.

6. Scored three times in the opening five minutes; more often than any other club. Also, opened the scoring in 18 games; only Manchester United (24), Chelsea and Everton (19 each) exceed that. In addition, not lost having taken the lead (won 15, drawn three), and won 10 of 12 in which a clean sheet has been kept.

7. Beaten Fulham (h), Tottenham (a), Aston Villa (a) and Everton (a) from losing positions; picked up 17 points from games in which they were trailing. Only Aston Villa can match that, having won three and drawn eight of 11 in which they were in deficit.

8. Won three and drawn three of their last six away from home.

9. Lost just one of 14 away this season and in 17 on their league travels since March last year; the 2-1 loss to Middlesbrough at the Riverside on 9 December. Gained 27 points away from home this term; only Chelsea (33) and Manchester United (30) have picked up more.

10. A visit to Bolton follows this, before three successive fixtures against Liverpool (home in the Champions League, home in the Premier League and away in the second leg of the Champions League quarter-final). Then it's away to Manchester United.

KEY PLAYER NOTES

CHELSEA

Frank LAMPARD is Chelsea's top scorer with 17 goals.

LAMPARD is also the clubs' leading marksmen in the Premier League, with 10. (Nicolas ANELKA scored 10 for Bolton and has got one for Chelsea.)

Didier DROGBA is a double short of 50 Premier League goals in Chelsea colours.

If selected:-

Nicolas ANELKA will be facing a former club. The 29 year old France international striker made 90 appearances (65 in the league) and scored 28 goals (23 league) for Arsenal between March 1997 and August 1999.

Ashley COLE will be facing the club where he started his professional career. The 26 year old England international was a trainee with Arsenal, making 228 appearances (156 in the league) and scoring nine goals (eight league) before his move across the capital in August 2006.

If on the field from the outset:-

Ashley COLE will be making his 300th club career start (Arsenal, Crystal Palace and Chelsea).

ARSENAL

Emmanuel ADEBAYOR is Arsenal's top scorer with 23 goals, and leading marksman in the Premier League with 19.

If selected:-

Mathieu FLAMINI will be making his 100th Premier League appearance in an Arsenal shirt.

William GALLAS will be facing a former club. The 30 year old France international defender made 225 appearances (159 in the league) and scored 14 goals (12 league) for Chelsea between May 2001 and his move to Arsenal in August 2006.

If on the field from the outset:-

Phillippe SENDEROS will be making his 100th start in an Arsenal shirt.

Justin HOYTE will be making his 50th start for the Gunners.

HEAD TO HEAD

Arsenal have won one of the last 11 meetings with Chelsea in all competitions, but have also won four and drawn six of their last 11 league visits to Stamford Bridge.

There have been 35 bookings in the last six league and cup meetings between these clubs, excluding four red cards in the last three.

In 28 meetings in all competitions since 1998 there has been just one goalless draw; that being at Stamford Bridge in the Premier League on 20 April 2005.

Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal: Drogba sparks comeback

A stunning double from Didier Drogba kept Chelsea's faltering title hopes alive and secured a 2-1 win after Arsenal had briefly threatened to put an end to their interest in the Barclays Premier League title race.

The Ivory Coast striker scored two goals in eight minutes after Bacary Sagna had put the Gunners in front.

• Grant ignores crowd to focus on job in hand

Drogba's goals stretched Chelsea's unbeaten home league record to 78 games - but more importantly meant they are within touching distance of Manchester United at the top of the table.

Chelsea leapfrogged Arsenal into second place and now sit five points behind Sir Alex Ferguson's side with seven games remaining.

Manchester United have yet to visit Stamford Bridge - and that fixture may have the ultimate say in the destination of the title this season.

Arsenal had been the last team to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in February 2004 - and it looked like a repeat was on the cards when Sagna headed home a corner from Cesc Fabregas in the 59th minute.

Chelsea coach Avram Grant has often been criticised for not being able to beat the top teams but his team's stunning fightback may well have changed that perception once and for all.

The contest was just five minutes old when Michael Ballack tested Manuel Almunia with a free-kick that the Arsenal goalkeeper did well to collect at the foot of his left-hand upright.

But Arsenal, now five games without a win, had their chances too with Robin van Persie twice failing to beat Carlo Cudicini with shots from the edge of the penalty area.

Drogba was struggling to remain in the game in the opening half as he asked for treatment to a thigh problem - and he should have put home side ahead in the 24th minute.

A superb through-ball from captain John Terry put Drogba in the clear - but the ball bounced off his knee into the grateful arms of the waiting Almunia.

Cudicini had to be alert at the opposite end when Ashley Cole's backpass almost found its way into the net.

Chelsea continued to chase a goal and Salomon Kalou should have provided it when a downward header found him unmarked on the edge of the six-yard box five minutes before the interval.

Sadly for Chelsea, Kalou completely missed his kick and the chance went begging.

Ballack then tested Almunia with a stinging volley that the Arsenal goalkeeper did well to save at the foot of his post.

The game sprung into life in the 59th minute when Sagna scored his first goal for Arsenal and put Arsene Wenger's side in control.

Fabregas sent his corner arcing towards the near post and Sagna lost his marker Kalou to glance a header into the net.

The goal looked to have put an end to Chelsea's interest in the title race but then Drogba found the kind of form which has made him one of the most feared strikers in Europe.

The Chelsea faithful were already beginning to fear the worst and chanted the name of Grant's predecessor Jose Mourinho - along with `You don't know what you are doing' before Drogba lifted their ailing spirits.

The striker equalised in the 73rd minute when the ball cannoned back off Frank Lampard into his path on the edge of the penalty area.

Drogba reacted swiftly to drill a low shot beyond Almunia and into the bottom corner to put Chelsea back in the game.

But Drogba was not finished and eight minutes later the powerful striker had secured a remarkable comeback for the Blues with a goal which keeps them very much in the race for the title.

Joe Cole's free-kick fell to the striker eight yards out and he managed to bring the ball under control before despatching a right-foot shot that Almunia could only parry on its way into the net.

Drogba would have completed a sensational hat-trick moments later, only for Almunia to deny him with a superb save at his near post.

The result will give both managers much to think about as the title heads for a thrilling and unpredictable finish.

# Grant ignores crowd to focus on job in hand

Chelsea boss Avram Grant reflected on a job well done after seeing his side come from behind to beat Arsenal 2-1 at Stamford Bridge and keep alive their hopes of catching Barclays Premier League leaders Manchester United.

The Gunners - who have secured just one win from eight in all competitions - went ahead through Bacary Sagna on the hour mark.

But following a double substitution from the Chelsea manager with 20 minutes left, Didier Drogba struck twice to turn the game around and stretch Chelsea's unbeaten home league record to 78 games as they moved into second place.

The Blues are now within touching distance of the champions, who have to visit Stamford Bridge at the end of April.

Grant - who replaced Jose Mourinho in September - reflected: 'I have always said to the players when we were chasing Arsenal and Manchester United, many points behind them, that we only wanted to be able to be in this position - that when they come to Stamford Bridge it can be a game which if we win we can go ahead of them.

'Today, we did that.

'We played good football from the beginning and we responded very well from going behind.

'I don't know if we can win the title now, but we will be doing our best to do it.

'It is important we play attacking football and score goals; for me, this is more important than any other way - and I will keep doing things in the way that I am.'

Some sections of the Stamford Bridge faithful chanted 'you don't know what you're doing' and called the name of their former manager when Grant elected to make a double change with 20 minutes left.

Claude Makelele and Michael Ballack were replaced by Nicolas Anelka and Juliano Belletti as Chelsea regrouped to play 4-4-2.

Those same supporters were soon cheering as the substitutes played their part in both of Drogba's goals.

Grant, who gave captain John Terry instructions on how to reshape the team, said: 'When you make a substitution, I do not think any manager believes it will succeed every time.

'We wanted to be able to play in two systems, and I think this was the time to change.

'We had chances but did not score, so we wanted to put more pressure on the defence.

'I did not hear the crowd. I am concentrating on what I need to do and am very confident in what I am going to do - because I know the team and how they are.'

Grant hailed the impact of Ivory Coast striker Drogba, who now has 17 goals for the season.

'He was not in the shape he was before he went to Africa, but that is understandable,' said the Chelsea boss.

'Against Tottenham, he was better - and today he was very, very good.'

Drogba maintains the Blues can overtake United.

He said: 'I think they give the belief we can still be in the race against Manchester United.

'But Arsenal are not dead, even though they lost this game.'

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger admitted his side had the game for the taking, but lacked the 'defensive authority' needed to close it out.

'It was a game we should have won, but we paid for some lapses in concentration,' he said.

'It is difficult to swallow, because we played quite well and were in control of the game.

'What was left to Chelsea was to play long balls - and we did not deal well enough with it.

'The spirit was right, and the mentality was fantastic. Overall the team played very well - but at the moment, I feel we have some defensive problems which we need to sort out.

'We got caught on the long balls and the physical battle.'

There was mitigation, though, according to Wenger - who added: 'We were a bit unlucky because the first goal was offside - and it was also a foul from (John) Terry before that.

'That has a big impact in the game, and recently we have been badly done by things like that.'

With United beating Liverpool earlier in the day, it is now an uphill battle for Arsenal in the title race.

'It is a big setback for us,' admitted Wenger, whose side travel to Old Trafford next month.

'I believe we have the strength, but at the moment we are six points behind Manchester United.

'When you add the four games we drew and today's loss, now we just have to come back and win games before we dream of the title.'

Wenger - who lost full-back Sagna to an ankle injury just before the Chelsea comeback - added: 'We were 1-0 up and had it all in our hands.

'We needed a bit more defensive authority as a unit - because the game was there to be taken.'

and you've gotta say deivid's goal was unstoppable, and from 35 yards! chelsea should've won by a mile, but i aint complaining! :)

chelsea should've won by a mileQUOTE]

yeahh agreed man chelsea should have won be a bigmile, the first half chelsea sld be like 3-0 up.. poor finishing and stuff.. :/ chelsea always fail to kill e game man. super shocking man to lose to fur-na-ba-che (sorry dont know how to spell)

Back