the best gig you ever had!

roninriot

Banned
Hope some bands can share their experiences of the best gig that they have had OR been to so far, local or international acts

they had? as in, performed?

well, for me the best one was playing a birthday party at shangri la hotel for this little rich girl with my old band.

even though it wasnt a public gig, it was really cool as all the people present were really into the music and we all had a good time.

Performing at parkway parade some years ago.. i turned all the knobs way up 4 my metal zone and began struming all the way.. and when the song ended.. kids cried and no one clapped.. damn.. it was a superb gig man!!

F-holes said:
Performing at parkway parade some years ago.. i turned all the knobs way up 4 my metal zone and began struming all the way.. and when the song ended.. kids cried and no one clapped.. damn.. it was a superb gig man!!

ROfl...! :lol: :lol:

Im still too lousy to perform in a gig :(

YOUTH PARK..!!! it was raining cats n dogs but the people kept screamin and jumping!!
er..
SP dinner n dance..poly CFP 200

F-holes said:

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

duno man.. some childish self composed songs.. and guess wad.. i just remembered when we performed.. me and my 2nd guitarist's tunings were different.. his is all flat.. basket..

the best concert i've been too would probably be the Rolling Stones one, and the Travis / Coldplay one. I'd KILL to see U2 live. I hear their recent shows have been killer, but oh well. Logistics and stuff :S

Watched Bon Jovi some years back too (hangs head and shuffles feet) but that was in their prime and it was a good show.

but the most technical impressive was Mr Big. Nabe|, I remember, Paul Gilbert picking the strings furiously, shredding speed, and Eric Martin helping him fret from standing behind him! And Billy Sheehan putting the bass on a small table and playing it like a keyboard. Damn cool

Best gig I've ever been to:
(in descending order)

Mr Vai
Deep Purple
Malmsteen

oops. that's about it.
As for clinics, my fave would be the Paul Gilbert one. Because he is a guitar GOD, with a wacky sense of humour no less.
Least favourite would be Neil Zaza's, cos there wasn't any interaction.

Best gig i ever played was at SMU .. patrons day...
they had a huge white tent up and the stage was pretty big... great lighting great sound.. and a plenty of SMU babes ( who would probably cheer and scream even if we didnt play anything ) good gig.

another was a chjmes wedding... beautiful place... felt like i was playing in heaven. and the chjmes natural reverb was to die for.

DYL's Live n Loud @ Thumper Bar.
The crowd was great. They danced, they sang along and they were all beautiful people. One of the most memorable gigs that we've played. Lol.

IBX Finals @ Singapore Expo
For the first time we're invited to play at a band competition as a guest band. Why was it memorable? The tsunami struck on that very same day. 261204.

Thanks for sharing all the experiences from your bands. Always cool to hear about the best gigs everyone had! How about the worse gigs that you guys experienced? The down times, the trying moments, the struggles..

levan,ronin

Gigs???

The Best...when my old band doin the gigs for some charity concert at the stadium we play in front of for almost 20.000 people and my legs and hands began to shake =) ha ha ha ...

The bad...when play as a opening act for some Indo folk music star,i forget the whole lyrics of the White Lion song...When The Children Cry...Ghosssh,it's a 5 minutes hell for me on that stage!

'93 scorpions concert in our indoor stadium was one which still remains a vivid star in my memory, partly due to the explosive, mind-blowing indoor setup, which consists of a stage FULLY filled with marshall stacks. 8O
it didn't juz result in a nite of non-stop adrenalin rush n dreams came true, but many hours of post-concert, ringing eardrum irritations as well. but of cos, all sufferings worthed 8)

'02 jewel concert in suntec. nothing adrenalizing... a really nice concert nevertheless... no one seem to be into her here...hmm...

stillwater said:
'93 scorpions concert

Yup.. I can still remember my ears ringing until the next morning..

I was seated on the left wing from where the stage is and OMG Matthias Jab's guitar solo is really loud that all the ppl had to cover their ears. All in all, that was a memorable concert, all the classic songs were played and I went back having a sore throat.. :rolleyes:

hhhhh

the best gig sure is 93 scorpions concert, after that there were the BON JOVI CONCERT sumtime in 94 if i culd remember. and also the recent STING concert in Jan 2005. i got the best seat in the house, thanks to my wife of course.

as for the best gig me and my band had was the 2001 gig in Far East Square. not bad for a full house crowd. and 2002 in KL in a place called THE FACTORY, a thousand metal heads really enjoying and us making every cents worth of their RM$30. seriously, Singapore Bands do hv better deals overseas.

but all this experience will also come wif the worst gig in ur life. It was 1999 sumwhere in Ngee An Poly, the systems were crappy and we still hv to make do with wat we got. the worst have yet to come. only god knows how.
But every bad experience always a lesson to be learnt. and we all shuld learn it well.

Best gig, the Raffles Hall welcoming bash for the 1st years,.. had a foam party in the main hall, n we were playing live music darn kewl as people were dancing n moshing,.. superb. Took part 2 years n one more coming up hahahaha

Re: hhhhh

Grain said:
the best gig sure is 93 scorpions concert, after that there were the BON JOVI CONCERT sumtime in 94

YES!!! the bon jovi outdoor concert in 94! that was the sentosa music festival, the first so called singapore's outdoor rock concert. also the same nite australian rocker jimmy barnes n our local rockers OP n shaggies shared the same stage.

i even remember seeing our then football star abbas saad attending that concert too...hehe... if u still remember him that is...

oh BTW, the sentosa music festival was actually b4 scorpions... sentosa ard sept, scorpions december, both 93... hmm... if i remember correctly :D

Back