testing guitars at Swee Lee

makien01

hi everyone!

I have a problem here : the acoustic electric cort guitar i was planning to buy at Swee Lee had HORRID set up and really old strings. I could not assess the guitar fairly. Its hardly playable and its disappointing because online reviews were good.

Its the cort MR727f. A beauty. Do you think its fair for me to request Swee Lee to show me a new piece so that i can test out, even if i eventually dont buy? Or can i ask them to restring for me to test out?

Thanks!

i think you can. from what i heard from a friend, if you really intend to buy a guitar, they will of course get you a new one and not the one on display. you can test it first and they will take it out of the packaging. if you find it unsatisfactory, you can tell the person on the spot and they will let you change the guitar and try another one till you find it satisfactory.

=makien01

Hi,

We do set up the guitars on display if you find that it's unplayable and restring them again if they are badly tarnished unless it's only a mild spots on the strings.. From my understanding, the strings usually last for a month or so before some spots are found during display. Thus we changed them when they get drastic.

Do feel free to drop by our showroom again and approach any sales staff for such service if you find any guitars you fancy not in the shape you expected. ;)

Regards,
M.I

Back