Terrible Experience with APC Hosting (PM for Proof)

basscombat

Review of APC Hosting - Terrible Experience (PM for Proof)

I handle web matters for the company I work in, and I need to post this to prevent others from sharing the same bad experience I've had with APC Hosting (PM me for proof of email exchanges).

1. EXTREMELY poor support.

On their website, they list 3 support channels:
a. Ticket Support
b. Email Support
c. Phone Support (for emergencies)

They claim that for emergencies, they offer 'escalated support channel' through their phone lines.

For the last few months, my corporate intranet site hosted on their dedicated servers, crashed at least once a month. If this doesn't classify as an emergency, I don't know what their idea of emergency is.

Firstly, they claim they monitor their phone lines for emergencies. For the past 3 months, everytime our site went down, I called and called, from before 830am to AFTER 9am. NO ONE ANSWERED.

Their response was this: They said they were human and can't answer every call. Best of all? They stated that even DURING OFFICE HOURS they can't answer. Whoever needs proof of this, please send me a private message. I will forward the conversations to you.

Next, not only did they not apologise for not attending to my company's emergency, they insisted that we have to go through a ticket system. For minor issues, I can understand. But for a site crashing, they SHOULD answer their phone! Otherwise, why list on their website that they offer escalated phone support for emergencies? That is false advertising, and frankly, I feel cheated.

Put it this way - for the last few months, during the emergencies, out of the over 20 calls I made to them, EVEN DURING OFFICE HOURS, ZERO was answered. If out of 3 calls, you miss 1 call, I'd say that is human. If out of 3 calls, you miss ALL 3 calls, that is POOR SERVICE and SUPPORT.

2. Poor hardware.

When our system kept crashing every month, we asked them to check their hardware. They insisted that there was nothing wrong with their hardware. Guess what? Upon deeper digging, they have issues with their hard disks. Please PM for screenshots and other evidence.

DO NOT use APC Hosting. Terrible hardware, terrible service, terrible excuses.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back