Taylor GS mini

merc73

anyone tried/bought a taylor gs mini? was thinking of getting one.

Care to share or review? post pics?

thanks.

is the mini the 3/4 sized? Get a Baby Taylor if you're not using it for travelling. Much bigger, fuller sound compared to the 3/4 size.

Baby Taylor not exactly the most comfortable guitar that I've tried because I felt that the neck was a little too small for me. No doubt the sound is good but it's not exactly the kind of guitar that I would play for a long period of time. It actually gets tiring to play with after a while. I rather get a 3/4 sized guitar like a big baby

Baby Taylor not exactly the most comfortable guitar that I've tried because I felt that the neck was a little too small for me. No doubt the sound is good but it's not exactly the kind of guitar that I would play for a long period of time. It actually gets tiring to play with after a while. I rather get a 3/4 sized guitar like a big baby

Ah yes! My mistake, i meant to put big baby... heheh.

the taylor baby production is falling short in the face of higher than expected demand...be prepared to place order and wait for it. I have been waiting for a month since i paid my deposit with Sinamex for one. I think it has good decent amount of lows and mids, but i feel the top end tone and overall feel of the guitar still sound far from the sound in a $5000 taylor that is often 'lively or crips or clear harmonically (whatever you want to call it)'. So to compare apple to apple, a big baby will be a good comparison. I'm not being very clear enough here, so the best is to go down to sinamex and feel and hear this guitar as what i like may not be your cup of tea.

Just an update...has just received my gs mini 2 days ago... and one thing i discovered was that the guitar is sucking in moisture faster than i thought, this is because i had never had solid wood top guitars before, this is my first that has a solid wood top, so now i know singapore's constant high air humidity really very harmful for solid wood guitars as i can really feel the action getting slightly higher and the string's are tuned slight lower every night i picked up the guitar to play ( i tune the guitar very often). So today i had panic shoppings for dehumidifier and bought 5 packets of zorb-it and 3 cupboard type thirsty hippos , although its not the best method, but at least i hope will retard the wetting of the guitar.

the best way is just to chuck a bag of silica gel into the guitar, works fine for me :)

isn't it difficult to remove out of the sound and possibility of getting it stuck in the braces underneath the top wood? How long does one packet last inside? I am looking for the next best alternative to a guitar dehumidifier cabinet as i cant find one in singapore yet...so spending $50 per month on dehumidifing is what i am looking at..... or do you know where got sell these kind of dehumidifying cabinets that can fit in a guitar?

Just an update...has just received my gs mini 2 days ago... and one thing i discovered was that the guitar is sucking in moisture faster than i thought, this is because i had never had solid wood top guitars before, this is my first that has a solid wood top, so now i know singapore's constant high air humidity really very harmful for solid wood guitars as i can really feel the action getting slightly higher and the string's are tuned slight lower every night i picked up the guitar to play ( i tune the guitar very often). So today i had panic shoppings for dehumidifier and bought 5 packets of zorb-it and 3 cupboard type thirsty hippos , although its not the best method, but at least i hope will retard the wetting of the guitar.

Woah, I think thats going slightly overboard. Most guitar stores don't even have a dehumidfier and their acoustics stay perfectly fine. Check your neck whether it's straight. As for the tuning try stretching your strings. I don't think the main cause of all those problems are just humidity alone.

Woah, I think thats going slightly overboard. Most guitar stores don't even have a dehumidfier and their acoustics stay perfectly fine. Check your neck whether it's straight. As for the tuning try stretching your strings. I don't think the main cause of all those problems are just humidity alone.

my room cannot compare with shops bro, cos my room does not have the luxury of air conditioning.... its constantly windly or feeling warm.

just had a check on the thirsty hippos in the cupboard... all wet after a day, the tiny absorbing balls are like sticking together by wetness, need to give it a few hard shakes to loosen them up.

I also took the guitar out for a tune test... instead of the pitch dropping everytime i took out the guitar from the case during the first 2 days without any form of dehumidification, it has now gone slight sharper after 12 hours.... its working!

THe next thing i'm gonna do is to buy a hydrometer tomorrow...to make sure the humidity in my cupboard stays between 40 to 45%...these thirsty hippos does not know how to stop drinking.

Last edited:
pls tell me, how much is a big baby,new and used.i want to know the USA made,not the made in Mexico.tks

All current big baby taylors are now made in mexico. If you want a usa model, you'll have to get yours used. Although just lurking in the buy sell thread for a while, will tell you that they are not put up for sale very often.

Latest posts

Back