sweep picking

its playing notes on adjacent strings with one movement, instead of picking the notes up and down, its either all up or all down ONLY

u play notes like arpeggios fastly with a single sweep of the pick, like going up stroke all the way or down stroke.

Itz just like sweeping. Thtz where they derived the word frm. Sweep. Just like how the broom goes abot on the ground, ur pick should too. Then u'll have sweeping madness!!

You must lift your fingers up after playing the note, so it causes the sweeping sound. Must oso palm mute after playing the note.

its kind of strumming, but kind of muting the each note using yr fretting fingers after u strum past each string. btw normal picking is up and down motion? i been only doing down motion -_-

Alt picking tht is. Itz the basic of picking. Downstroke is gd for heavy riffs. Bt u seriously need to catch up with ur alt if u havnt done so. Palm muting doesnt really apply to sweep picking so much. Once u get the hang of it therez no need for palm muting.

Muting HAS a lot to do with sweep-picking. Esp if you play with high gain.
Mute by rolling your fretting finger off the strings, and also by sliding your picking palm downwards to cover the unused strings.

Anubitsch said:
Palm muting doesnt really apply to sweep picking so much. Once u get the hang of it therez no need for palm muting.

I beg to differ, for chops involving high speed techniques and stuffs like sweeping....muting of both left and right hands are 1 of the essential tools to clean playing :roll:

No u dont get it. What i meant was palm mute as in palm muted riffs n all tht kinda palm muting. I mean put ur palm there n just let the pick slide down n up. :lol:
peanutbutterjelly3jd.gif

Back