strings snapping

fenderrules

hi i have a problem with my guitar strings..

my guitar strings keep snapping after just a few weeks. i didnt even tighten thm to hard or anything. they just snap in a short period of time.

i mostly use D'Addario and ESP guitar strings. cant remember whats the gauge, but i always buy XL (Extra Light). recently i bought a set of D'Addario strings and they snapped in just a week while i was jamming...
what can i do to prevent them from snapping that fast? so far ive tried lowering my action and opening the back of my strat and loosening the springs, whichs uhm...raises the bridge.

thanks for your help

Exactly.

You probably need them changed.

Go down to guitar workshop and pick up an entire new bridge if you like. That has a larger sustain blick which helps your tone so much more than just new saddles..

if you are on a budget though, new saddles will do.

After changing your nut, your pickups, your controls, your shielding, your bridge, your tuning heads....

You start to wonder why didn't you just spend that extra $100 on a better guitar.

You bridge is burred. What's happening is your string is getting caught at some sharp edges on the saddles which then cut the string a little more everytime you hit it. Either get someone to smoothen it for you, buy a new one, or read up and do the smoothing yourself.

MrE said:
Bear in mind it's an SX strat which costs less than a good set of pickups.

if that is so, i have just wasted my $215 on it. T_T

i should have saved up more for a $315 ibanez instead....

theblueark said:
After changing your nut, your pickups, your controls, your shielding, your bridge, your tuning heads....

You start to wonder why didn't you just spend that extra $100 on a better guitar.

how much will changin the nut cost?

woa...i did my own nut replacement on on acoustic guitar back in indonesia...
but i dont think i'll do it to an electric lah...

Latest posts

Back