Stardust 2010

what if the payment was made online? We have the screen shot of the transaction though.
Hi!
Yup please attach the screenshot! :)

& to the rest who have emailed us before 23rd Feb 6pm, your emails have been replied to! Please let us know if you did not receive a reply! :)

what if the machine that i've transfer the money cant produce any receipt?? i've transfer them, but they can produce any receipt...

what if the machine that i've transfer the money cant produce any receipt?? i've transfer them, but they can produce any receipt...
Hi!

Please list down the payment details (ie time/date/transaction reference/amount) when you email us & indicate that you've paid without receipt! :)

have to say that the auditions wasn't how some expected. room was too small even for a 4piece band, and some bands' songs were cut halfway just cause there's not much time. but then how are bands supposed to showcase what quality their songs has? not everyone's compositions are made of verse-chorus-solo-chorus-end of song. i think you guys did a better job last year with official audition videos and all. just my thoughts.

Hi Faiz,

We apologise if you think the studio weren't up to your standards.

That room has been used by some of our top local pros such as Tony Zee, Reggie Leo, Olivia Ong, Wendy Phua, Rosli Mansor, Anthony Kwah (just to name a few) to rehearse for some of their professional shows. For a 6-7 piece band it may be tight, but the room can definitely fit 4-5. We are not a jamming studio but even then, I know of some jamming studios with even tighter space!

As for audition videos, I have no idea how it was done but if it was filmed down with one-take by an official member of the organizing team then it could be a good idea in terms of logistics. But if it was submitted by contestants themselves then it was really not much of a real gauge since it can be edited over and over until the bands sound their best.

As for the length of audition, to us it is not important because:-

1) We gave each band about 5-10 minutes to setup and 2-3 mins to warm-up. So in fact the first 4-16 bars would have been sufficient for us to gauge the band's level of technical ability.

2) Music arrangement is important to us, but not the sole deciding factor. There are MANY other aspects of performance that we look into. If the band is weak in the rest of the aspects, quality of music arrangement alone will not be suffice to put the band through. Most pro level auditions for example often last for under 1 minute!

3) If vocal ability is weak, all we need is the first note from the singer to reveal it all. So half a song is already way too long!

For the 12 bands that got through, all the best! I am actually really impressed by the level of musicianship you guys displayed. Really looking forward to the semi-finals!!

As for the rest that didn't get through, some of you really have huge potential and the scores were really close. Please do not give up and keep trying!! Most of you just need is a little bit more experience and more individual + band practice time. Don't give up!!

Last edited:
Stardust 2010 semi-finals

Catch your favourite solo vocalists/bands’ performance at our Semi-finals, come on down & show your support! Featuring 24 solo vocalists & 12 bands! Stand a chance to win great prizes during the audience’s games segment! :)

Do your part for charity as well by purchasing charity coupons, each at $5, at our booth & you can exchange the coupons for goodie bags with lots of attractive vouchers & freebies from our sponsors! 100% of proceeds from the sale of charity coupons will go to Children’s Cancer Foundation.

Date: 3RD APRIL 2010, SATURDAY
Venue: BISHAN JUNCTION 8, SKYPLAZA
Time: 1230 to 1800
How to get there: NEXT TO BISHAN MRT STATION
BUSES: SBS TRANSIT: 13, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 88, 410.
PROGRAMME: 1230-1400: BANDS (FIRST HALF)
1400-1545: SOLO VOCALISTS
1545-1715: BANDS (SECOND HALF)
1715-: ANNOUNCEMENT OF FINALISTS

Stardustlatest.jpg

For more information, visit our website at www.stardust2010.com

well i don't blame faiz.

imho, i feel that bands should not be stopped half way. i mean seriously, bands pay what $40 to register? and i think the least the judges could do is respect the band, allowing them to play the full song. i am at no position to comment, but just my 2 cents worth.

my band did participate last year though, and the auditions were held at scape studios, so it want that bad. we didnt face any problems, and the judges were ok. sadly we werent given any photos or videos. well i think photos and videos should be given to bands who didnt make the cut as part of a token of appreciation for their participation and encouragement for them to improve, so that they don't feel so bummed out. i'm not sure if the organisers have this practice this year, cos last year i requested, and they told me they deleted my bands photos or audition videos.. anw, good luck to all the bands/ soloist that made it through!

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your comments.

The bands were respectfully advised that they will only be playing half a song BEFORE they started and we even offered our apologies both in advance and after they have stopped playing.

What is most important is that they came for the audition to be judged against the other bands and every band were given the same consistent judging criteria throughout. Unless we were inconsistent with our judging criteria then it would have been unfair. But we were judging every band with the same level of attention and with similar judging criteria so we were as fair as we can possibly be. But if you still think that playing the full song is important then let's put it a little bluntly; if the band isn't good enough for the first half of the song to put them through to the semi-finals, will the second half really make a SIGNIFICANT difference?

And like I said before:

"The bands were respectfully advised that they will only be playing half a song BEFORE they started and we even offered our apologies both in advance and after they have stopped playing." You can rest assured that there wasn't a single Simon Cowell moment at all!

As for the photos, I'm sorry you didn't get any but this year's are all uploaded on Facebook already, courtesy of Joel Haw!

I just saw the results for the finalists. Frankly speaking I'm rather surprised by the results, based on the audition videos of the semi finalists on facebook. 4 bands I expected to get through didn't and on top of that, 4 bands i didn't expect to get through did.. How queer.. Waiting for the videos of semi finals

Last edited:
I went to the semi-final round and i think 1989 is leading in the band competition. ha, just my thoughts though.

Back