Snakeweed studio

sj2six

U'll b the judge of it.
I'm not promoting the studio, just makin my point clear thats all.
Another Good recording studio will be @Snakeweed studio.

Yesh!! The engineer/producer Leonard Soosay is experienced and well-known. Electrico and Ronin, and lots of other local so-called currently "hot" band also choosen Snakeweed. He understand the sound of music. He is not only just a button operator, he will also give you advices of what is a better guitar tone, guitar effects, drums sound, what part should each guitars be playing that will fills up all the frequency loop-holes n thus blend everything together. etc. that best bring out the feel of your song that you want. He just someone who understands the "sound" of music, he knows why a records can be sold and why it can't. It's not just becoz of the main melody itself. There are alot of things to look out and consider, and he knows it all, most impt, he is someone who is very willing to share.

Well, at the end of the day, it's stil personal preferences. Of coz if you have the money to spend, go for hi-end studio like Audioplex, Lion, etc.

sj2six, i split your post from the other thread because i thought that it kinda not belong there but your post is of great discussion value.

Yeah man, I recorded there. $70/hr excluding time for setting up(Leonard's flexible). Mesa Boggie guitar amps man! Bass goes into POD. Sound Equipment is pretty much standard but the secret is in his skill.
Anyone got Mastering lobang? Anyone knows MYX mastering rates?

To me, again, personal opinion, Leonard at Snakeweed, does more than just a sound engineer. He understands when music meets technology, when music turns into signals and travels into electronic gears, it's a different story. This is what most engineer doesn't. His experiences and knowledge are from overseas too.

End of the day, personal preferences again.

Hahaha... Leonard wouldn't be worried about criticism. He's a humble guy who prefers to let words about his good works spread by itself, instead of doing up advertisement gigs. He didn't really want to do up his website even... still a blank page after all these years. And people who wants quality within a tight budget still flock to him... that's the best compliment a producer can get other than the award nominees he has received.

When I first talked to him, he was ready to share! Even when I was a complete stranger...

anyone knows what is Snakeweed's recording equipment list like? mics, pre-amp, recorder, monitors ...

So far, I have noticed

PwerMac G 4/5 with external burner
Rack mounted processors(Compressor+something else)
Yamaha O1V Digitar Console
UBL Near Field Monitors
Line 6 Guitar & Bass Pod
Mesa Boggie dual or triple Rectifier guiatr amps
Harkte Bass Head(Trace Elliot One was spolit/retired)
Line 6 Guitar amp head
SM 58 talkback mic
SM 57(s)
Didn't notice his vocal mic.
Yamaha MOTIF 7.

hey guys i thought this might help..

my band has recorded in snakeweed before and are definitely returning to do our other songs. you can check out one of his work in my myspace below.

anyway the most memorable part of recording with leonard is that he is a very nice person to work with, i.e. he makes the recording process fun.

to sum it all up, he is good at what he is doing and coupled with his light-hearted attitude, i am sure any recording experience would be an exciting one.

oh ya but its expensive. save up and record! haha

any idea on how i can contact leonard? everything on the myspace is black including text... cannot find e-mail nor phone number

How to contact Leonard?

Hey guys,

Any direct way to contact Leonard? I got the studio number from operator but it's always engaged..

Thanks!

Back