Smarvo amps testing ground

Sorry, all the stocks just arrived (as of now)and I'm setting the room up for amp review.

So all you guys & gals who wanna help me do the reviews, please PM me to arrange your time. You can drive the amps in question to its full potential. Heehee....I'll be watching of course.

I also did up a modded DS1 (more gain and warmer tone), anyone care to review that??

Regards,
Mike

Sorry, I don't think they have those. You wanna come to review the amps??

Actually the manufacturer have full tube 50watts 1X12 and 100watts 1X12 & 2X12 combo. Which didn't came in. I am really dissapointed at that. I think the 50watts version could be nifty too.

I have set them up nicely in my spare room, bring whatever guitar and effects you want.

The webby link is a third party site, which only reflects the older models.

Yeah, you can even run your 15watter practise amp speaker output to the cab too..... heehee..... a bit play cheat, but the improvement in sound is very vast.

Another tip maybe can get JMguitar, THD univalve and run on this cab. Cheaps man.

01_room1.jpg

Pic of the impromptus amp review room. I still waiting for the first "Softie" amp reviewer to confirm & come.....heehee.

Ok, so far as for the 2 guitar amp half-stack goes.
My personal preference goes for the GSH200 transistor one, because for one thing, 200Watts, its LOUD, and you can get a number of good tones from the 4X12 Cab.

The VSH100 Full-tube one, at 100Watts, you have to crank it up before the baby really shine. As expected of a tube amp. Waiting for some one to bring some effects to drive this amp.

For the BSH2-300 Bass half-stack, it's not as loud as I'd expect it to be, cause I'm expecting high output. Could be because the cab is a 8ohm cab, and the amp head is rated full power at 4ohm. So i'd suspect much louder output with 2X8ohm cabs in parallel, to drive the amp in full power. But it's plenty loud as halfstack, louder than most 1X15 combos i tried.

OK, so far this is all for now. I'll try to provide more update the next round.

which ones are the 75w and 150w bass amps?

There's only the halfstack and practise amp there :(

Pyro said:
which ones are the 75w and 150w bass amps?

There's only the halfstack and practise amp there :(

Sorry, I don't have those models in for review. I have list the available amps on my first post.

ironickel said:
i'm kinda interested in the 100w tube head...mikemann can give us your review of it?

Heehee.....I'm not a guitarist, that's why I need friends to help me review them.

more dealers should be like mike- let the players have a say. this is the new breed of dealers we very much welcome- a party who value the customers...

Mike- is Saturday a good day to test the amps? reviews would follow definitely... 8)

Yo mike. Wassup. Im da malay guy that went ther to jam wif san. remember? hah.

Anyway peeps, the amps are gd.. seriously.. its gd.. especially da 1x12 40watt amp. it cost $190!! how much would u pay for a da marshall mg-15? 200++? get this man. and the tube amp stack? awesome.. with $990, u couldnt even get a marshall dsl-401 40watt amp.. which cost ard $1.2k at Luther music

need a practice amp, get da 40watt. dreaming of a 1/2 stack? its cheaper den an american strat. so think abt it peeps. 8)

felfirez said:
Yo mike. Wassup. Im da malay guy that went ther to jam wif san. remember? hah.

Anyway peeps, the amps are gd.. seriously.. its gd.. especially da 1x12 40watt amp. it cost $190!! how much would u pay for a da marshall mg-15? 200++? get this man. and the tube amp stack? awesome.. with $990, u couldnt even get a marshall dsl-401 40watt amp.. which cost ard $1.2k at Luther music

need a practice amp, get da 40watt. dreaming of a 1/2 stack? its cheaper den an american strat. so think abt it peeps. 8)

how time flies, i got mine for $800 when it debuted here... 8)

Hi Felfirez,

Yeah...thanks for trying out the amps for me. This weekend jamming, just let me know. Thanks again. I also don't mind if there are some flaws to be pointed out.

Ok, a little more about the DS4012R amp (12" 40watts). There are 2 channels one it one is called "NORMAL CHANNEL" the other is "BOOST CHANNEL".

The normal channel as any one can guess is for clean sound. With One Volume knob, 3 tone knobs (bass, middle, treble), and the reverb knob found on this same channel. This reverb knob is used in any of both channel modes. Very straightforward.

OK, now the Boost channel is for hi-gain or distortion sound. The standard GAIN and VOLUME LEVEL knobs are there. The EQ part is defined by 2 knobs, SHAPE & PRESENCE. These kind of EQ system, to me seems more british like. But still not tough to figure, the Shape is like a mid-scoop adjustment, and the presence is similar to tone control (more bass or treble). Twiddling around should more or less get you a more overdriven sound. Again, the reverb knob is effective when on this mode too.

There is a phones and footswitch socket on the right of the panel. If I got time, I'll try to figure out if the footswitch is for single or dual purpose. Maybe could customise some for those who need one.

Ok, that's all for now. I must say again, I am not a guitar player, so do not take my observation like I am one. Below is the PIC of the amp. Thanks a lot guys.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/smarvo/05_gs40r.jpg

Mikemann,
is there any Smarvo bass amp arnd 30w or 40w 1x12'.What u r offering is only the 75w and the 150w.And how much? thanks! 8O

Sorry, the distributor did not bring in that range of bass amp.... yeah, quite a bummer.

But I think there is Laney HCM30B, I think is 10" speaker one. The 12" one should be HCM65B. Have to check it out first, as I don't stock those either. Those are available at swee lee.

Back