singapore or temasek poly?

momentum

hi guys lol, just got my o lvl results today, got 11 for L1R5, can minus 4, L1R4 got 8. i want to go to a polytechnic and take up that hotel management course, but i dont know which poly to go to. singapore and temasek poly both offer the same courses(although the names are different), and i'm pretty confused about which poly to choose. TP has Diploma in Leisure & Resort Management and Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism Management , while SP has Diploma in Tourism and Resort Management. which poly do u think has the better course? help me out please lol, i havent been to SP's open house coz i have to work, but i've been to TP's open house. i gotta register by the 16th this month, so please help
Edit/Delete Message

for TP u there's a new course called hotel and tourism business(if im not wrong) tried to paste the link here but tp site donoe what happened. didnt respond. =.= but this course doesnt have a subsidy program, pay full.

go to NP!

haha i think if you post stuff like these on the forum, people (like me) will simply just give you an answer based on where their from.

but honestly, i think you should take into consideration your traveling time. if you stay in the west, it will be advisable to go to sp instead. if you stay in pasir ris or the east for that matter, you'll probably have to wake up 2 hours (or more) before your lesson starts. and if you have an 8 o clock class, it means waking up at 6.

now that will TOTALLY defeat the purpose of coming to poly wouldn't it?

yeah that one got, but i can go meh lol. i'm applying under JAE(joint admissions exercise). i think that one cannot, dun even have JAE code lol

TP!
near to ur place, and that if u can take the demand of temasek poly.
i think every poly is like that, must tahan. haha.

all the best.

Taking up TP by considering that you stay at pasir ris would be a better option.
trust me, you would'nt like travelling very far (from pasir ris to dover or clementi), just to reach class on time. i got a friend who stay at pasir ris and his school is at NP.he need to leave house at least 2 hours before the lesson starts.
SP,NP,TP all are good.
And you'll have to deal with the morning typical singapore train situation.
Somehow the courses that you have mentioned above is quite similar, its just a bit different.. choose ur choice wisely.and rest of all, good luck.
the type of Course and Convenience.thats the two most important factors:D

Go to TP hahaha , I come from a catholic secondary school which has a 100% english medium and boy I had a culture shock when I went into SP , It's like I landed myself in chinatown or something .

Temasek Poly's the place to be in. Honestly, the fun, the love, the happenings. You'll not regret the decision. hahaha.

I think you should go for HTM.
Hotel & Tourism Management. It has a farely good deal of reputation that will help you in your career next time. ( not to say SP doesn't have any ).

Yeah the location's the factor. Imagine you join a CCA, cause it's a damn fun thing to do, anyway, CCAs prac can end late. Like very. So it'll be a plus point if you live near your school.

Don't have to say much.

travel might not seem like much, but 1.5 hrs, twice a day, for 3 years, is alot of time!

Hi there!

Both Polytechnics are equally good. But if you'd see in a bigger picture, I'd say Singapore Polytechnic would be best. Reason is simple, you'll never know where you end up in the future. Your credential having a diploma from SP is better to the world as you're from Singapore.

When I did my under-grad(overseas)...I was granted more credit transfer than my friends from other polys. Reason is....SP for the foreign universities is the National institution compared to the rest. Though we know, that's not true. But that's the perception of foreign institution.

So, think about it! Especially, more and more people are traveling abroad to gain experience.

Saluti!

Tetragrammaton

TP duh...haha..the best poly ever..can skip lecture..coz no attendance 4 lectures.. foods great here too..haha. + its near ur plc..

yeah man, choose a poly near your place.
so that during 2hr breaks u can go home nap an hour.
hahha!

but yeah, traveling time is no joke.
:D

ppl like u take up our spaces in poly. 8 points go JC then U la..

That is a very disgusting way to look at it. Meritocracy , if people can't even do well for their O's , they shouldn't blame the single pointers cause the place doesn't even belong to them in the first place .

If you already plan take a diploma then my advice is that you volunteer and do your NS first THEN continue your education in Poly.

i dont want to go to JC... JC's a waste of time imo.

Honestly, jc is the best place to go if you'r planning to enter a local university...seriously speaking. Cos like it or not, our jc students still have to go somewhere so they get priority over everyone else. Which includes scoring average grades for A levels and still being able to get in.

If you'r an average scorer in polytechnic, with a GPA below 3.5, you can basically kiss university admission goodbye.

Back