Serious Past-time bandmates

reminiscer

Hi
Looking for music khakis who are capable of holding a jam session together on old school rock/pop music.
If you're above 45 yrs, spend sometime in a band before and capable of controlling your instrument, then I believe we can enjoy playing.

Required:
Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Vocals, Drummer and Keyboard. I play the bass guit but bass players are welcome too.

Hmmm..... Looks good... Can join ar. Just past times that really interest me. Anyway I play both bro vocals and bass. Willing and interested to join you. Care to address the songs...?

care to share what you have in mind for this band? what expectations do you have of performance standards? i'm intrigued...

Hmmm..... sounds interesting....
I'm one over-the-hill-guitar-hero-wannabe, used-to-be-a-band boy who performed in weddings but now a bedroom only-axe-slinger. :confused:

Can or not?

And what SoundsofSummer said too...

Last edited:
Hi
Any lead guitarists and vocalists willing to join in to do the list of songs below?.

Tulsa Time –Eric Clapton
Sunshine of your Love – Eric Clapton
Honky Tonk Woman – Stones
Jumpin Jack Flash – Stones
Satisfaction - Stones
Wishing Well – Free/Bad Company
Maybe I’m a Leo – Deep Purple
Born to be Wild – Steppenwolf
Ready for Love – Bad Company
Walk Away – James Gang/Eagles

Thanks for the list, clarifies my q's very quickly! Unfortunately I know just a few songs...and I don't quite fit. I play the sax and maybe can try vocals, but...oh well. Good luck, anyhow!:)
If anyone out there likes soft rock, r&b, jazz, etc and just enjoy playing music in a group for relaxation, i'm game.

Appealing genres

Thanks for the list, clarifies my q's very quickly! Unfortunately I know just a few songs...and I don't quite fit. I play the sax and maybe can try vocals, but...oh well. Good luck, anyhow!:)
If anyone out there likes soft rock, r&b, jazz, etc and just enjoy playing music in a group for relaxation, i'm game.

Thks for the response. Like soft rock, R%b, jazz. Should you managed to get the boys, do let me know. Like to take up rhythm or bass.

stones,bad company,james gang,clapton/cream..wow! my kind of music man..
guitarist here..93651525.

Last edited:
Thks for the response. Like soft rock, R%b, jazz. Should you managed to get the boys, do let me know. Like to take up rhythm or bass.

hope you don't mind i post my interests here. here's what i would really like to play (and it's not all sax solos ;)- or sing or do some small bits that would help the songs come together anyway:

georgia on my mind
david sanborn-maputo, chicago song, more than friends
r. marx-endless summer nights, angelia
paul hardcastle-blue days, sounds of summer (!!!)
mccartney-my love
eagles
sade
journey
etc

it'd be great to have a band where no one's too perfect, too good, and everyone is just keen to make a good sound together. the songlist can incorporate a mix showcasing diff instruments. thanks.

hope you don't mind i post my interests here. here's what i would really like to play (and it's not all sax solos ;)- or sing or do some small bits that would help the songs come together anyway:

georgia on my mind
david sanborn-maputo, chicago song, more than friends
r. marx-endless summer nights, angelia
paul hardcastle-blue days, sounds of summer (!!!)
mccartney-my love
eagles
sade
journey
etc

it'd be great to have a band where no one's too perfect, too good, and everyone is just keen to make a good sound together. the songlist can incorporate a mix showcasing diff instruments. thanks.

Good mix. Requires commitment though. As with any hobby it's the least necessary. For a band group, everyone ought to do his/her homework, else it's wasteful.

Have you all started jamming? I've been reading past replies and 'm quite intrigued to know more about your interest. I think it's great if you can intermix genres, like jazz funk rock!

How about improvisation beside playing covers? Coz I think it's learning & knowing our personal best... oh well, that's my idea of playing music :)

Oh by the way, I'm mostly on keyboards. Almost any genre or so I may think ;)

Have you all started jamming? I've been reading past replies and 'm quite intrigued to know more about your interest. I think it's great if you can intermix genres, like jazz funk rock!

How about improvisation beside playing covers? Coz I think it's learning & knowing our personal best... oh well, that's my idea of playing music :)

Oh by the way, I'm mostly on keyboards. Almost any genre or so I may think ;)

Thanks for the interest. Jazz funk is fine but technically challenging and finding the people may prove problematic. The list is a sincere attempt to make sure that all, including myself, are prepared and have an enjoyable session. It is highly probable that if everyone is proficient enough doing half the list then moving further should be easier. This is basically past time but reminiscing the old days with the good sound of music - makes everybody’s day. If you’re intrigue enough, you might want to check us out and naturally, be subjected to the same. Ha! Ha! Ha! Again, thanks for the input.

Thanks for the interest. Jazz funk is fine but technically challenging and finding the people may prove problematic. The list is a sincere attempt to make sure that all, including myself, are prepared and have an enjoyable session. It is highly probable that if everyone is proficient enough doing half the list then moving further should be easier. This is basically past time but reminiscing the old days with the good sound of music - makes everybody’s day. If you’re intrigue enough, you might want to check us out and naturally, be subjected to the same. Ha! Ha! Ha! Again, thanks for the input.

Hi, i'm intrigued enough and want to check you out guys and be checked out:) whats the latest song list?

drummer

Back