Self-Intro - funky

So... Should I buy?

• Yes, it's worth it. Cheap, and just the right price.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, you should wait for better deals out there.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

funky

Hey there, I used to play piano and flute (because my mom forced me to :roll: ) but now I want to play something that I want to. Only I am not really sure what I should play. I am kind of thinking accoustic guitar. Drum, bass, and bass guitar is awesome too.

I have a question though. There is this guy who said that he will sell his Kapok steel guitar for $35(+string and a cheap bag). I am not sure if I should buy it.. I mean, $35 is really cheap, but is the guitar worth it? Here are some problems I am worried about :
1) Kapok is not very well know brand, so maybe it's not a good guitar
2)This guitar has 2 scrathes on it's neck... Would that effect the sound of the guitar?
3)Seller said it's "old and dusty", the neck of guitar is not long, and it doesn't have 'cut aways'...

As a beginner, I have no idea. Should I buy it? Please help me out by poll and/or reply. Thanks.

Here are pics of the guitar I am thinking about buying:
Picture(2).4.jpg
Picture(1).5.jpg

About the intro

Um, I kind of forgot that this is about introducing myself... :oops: If you were bored beacause of my problem with the guitar, well, I guess I could throw in some info about myself.

I am a young Korean, who still hasn't really found out what kind of music I like... I am still deciding. I am proud to say that I am a very passionate artist though. I draw a lot of funky (can you guess where I got my nickname?) drawings. And I am a bit crazy sometimes... Yup, that 's all I am gonna tell you for now.

Dont buy KAPOK!!

seriously useless guitars i tell you and i think many will agree with me too
if u play it you will lose interest after two weeks of playing
they have super high action, making it extremly difficult for people to play..

'action' is the distance between the string and the fretboard.. the further the distance, more pressure is required to press the strings down to the fret, hence more difficult to play

Save up some more money and go to a music store and ask to try their acoustic guitars.

You shouldn't be buying anything based on hearsay, go try it for yourself =)

That said,

WELCOME TO SOFT!

=)

its normal,i do that thing everyday i wake up in the morning.makes me feel like i'm spiralling :p

haha!!
it's a Tool pic btw,if u wanna know more about Tool,add me up at MSN or PM ;) not that i have extensive knowledge over them,but i do know abit :p

AEnimic said:
its normal,i do that thing everyday i wake up in the morning.makes me feel like i'm spiralling :p

haha!!
it's a Tool pic btw,if u wanna know more about Tool,add me up at MSN or PM ;) not that i have extensive knowledge over them,but i do know abit :p

you and your tool and apc.. maynard maynard maynard.. danny danny danny..

Adam Adam Adam

Justin Justin Justin

Troy Troy Troy

Billy Billy Billy

PAZ!!!! *drools*

haha what?! i'm just sharing a type of music which is not that easily accepted by the public :p

Back