Screw hole wood filler

vernplum

Hi

I am replacing some machineheads on a black Epiphone Les Paul. On removing the old ones, there are some empty screwholes that I'd like to fill in and make invisible. Any recommendations on stuff I can use?

Cheers

toothpicks and white glue?? Umm I used that to get my dead Screw thread at the back cavity of my guitar where the springs are located. Hehe. :D

Yeah, get some toothpicks, break them up into small pieces and stuff them inside the hole, then use some wood glue (or epoxy) and fill it in.

why so pathetic? Wood filler is created for a reason. And some more, they come in different colors.

Tooth picks and glue is actually a better way of doing it than wood filler. Wood filler is largely designed to fill pores of open grain wood to achieve a smooth finish. Not to mention, most wood fillers for consumers are water soluble pastes, so if u dun apply a finish over the filler, it will wear down to a certain degree just from your sweat. You could easily stain the tooth pick.

popeye said:
why so pathetic? Wood filler is created for a reason. And some more, they come in different colors.
:D
Haha!

True - I do want it to be black...
I need about the size of a pea - anyone got some spare (black) - don't want to buy a whole tin just to fill 0.01 cubic mm of hole.

Latest posts

Back