Samick Rockwell / Explorer VS . Epiphone Les Paul

i'm not aware of any George L dealer here, the one i tried was my friend's who bought it when he was at UK (Newcastle)...

PW cables- you can get from Swee Lee/ Davis. i'm currently trying the circuit breaker version, will review it here in due time 8)

need to know: is the Monster cable warranty applicable here?

I choose GL because you can cut it according to your needs and good reviews...

Btw PW juz introduce their version of solderless plug + cable during the recent NAMM....defintely gonna try it once SL brings it in than I can compareit head on w/GL

-Beast

Flyingbirdman said:
why dont you consider an epihpone goth explorer? Since you like the shape, an epi is good, its available at swee lee.

Just came back from church and my friend said that the Samick Explorer isn't good. I should aim for Epiphone Goth explorer. Any idea how much is it?

Don't buy Monster cable, it's expensive and it's omly 1% better than the average cable. Wasted my money on one.

Colarndo said:
Don't buy Monster cable, it's expensive and it's omly 1% better than the average cable. Wasted my money on one.

Monster cable is good. It is durable. I've stepped on it, i play tug of war with my friends on it and my roller wheels go over zillion time and it still work like new. It is not noisy and it is durable. The the good thing about monster cable, it can last a lifetime.

how much does a normal cable cost?

Around $20 for medium end, around $5 for low ends and $30 and above for higher ends.[/code]

on the subject of cable, imho, there is no point buying expensive cable if the amp, pedals or guitars is already noisy/tonesucker. A good cable will enhance the overall tone provided that the amp/guitar(wiring and shielding)/pedals(signal loss) is not too severe.

The most economic way is to get some neutrik plug and klotz instrument cable and solder your own cable. Another good thing is able to have your customed length ala george L

For one of the best instrument cable out there, chk out evidence audio cable. http://www.evidenceaudio.com/

In term of tone, the evidence audio instrument cable surpass george L cable by a lil bit(did some comparison between both a while back). Only downside is that the cost for evidence audio cable is rather expensive, depending on length, the cost is probably enough to get a boss pedal or practice amp already.....

brundisium said:
The most economic way is to get some neutrik plug and klotz instrument cable and solder your own cable.

That's one of the best sounding ways too, and it's what i'm using. Monster cables sound too dark, and GLs sound too bright for me. Klotz LaGrange cables are just nice, and they're flexible too. Brundisium, how does the Evidence cable compare to Klotz?

didnt really get to compare klotz with evidence under similiar situation. As for the brightness that you mention bout GL, thats is what separate the evidence and the GL cable, more natural sounding without the high, tone is more focused and more responsive to the playing.

coming back to the explorer issue- there's a gray explorer, not the goth, also as good. it has more fretboard markers on the neck, to me that helps playing. the epi version is set neck, predictably, there's more sustain. i haven't seen the Samick explorer though...

subversion said:
coming back to the explorer issue- there's a gray explorer, not the goth, also as good. it has more fretboard markers on the neck, to me that helps playing. the epi version is set neck, predictably, there's more sustain. i haven't seen the Samick explorer though...

GREAT! ANy idea how much is it?

i've nothing against pacificas, but get at least the 312. the 112 is fine but the tone could use more bass.

new for 2004 is the Pacifica 412. it promises to give other mid-priced guitars a run for their worth but it's not in s'pore yet for us to discriminate this claim.

There is pros and cons about every guitar. You can't find a perfect guitar. I wouldn't suggest buying samick. Why buy a guitar because it is cheap? You just buy a guitar cause you feel good playing it and that's is the only reason why you buy a guitar. If it is super cheap and you don't feel good playing it, what's the point? But if a guitar is super cheap and you feel go playing it and you like it, go ahead and buy it. We can only suggest what guitar for you to buy but we does not represent you.

Hi, I won't suggest that you pay a low price for a something you might not like when you improve in your playing. Maybe you might want to spend more and get a more versatile guitar which can cover more genres.

Back