Routing a humbucker cavity in the neck for a tele

qwerty

Hi, does anyone know how much this costs? I'm currently considering whether or not to acquire mew's tele

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/Mewmender/telee.jpg

and i would like to maybe change the neck pickup to a humbucking one. at the same time, does any one know how much a new maple neck with maple fretboard would cost? or anyone interested in a trade with the one in the pic? thanks appreciate all the help, thanks.

maple necks with maple fretboards can be obtained via warmoth, or thru some shops like GC. GC sells em for around 250 bucks if im not wrong, a lil more ex for warmoth, again if im not wrong.

for the routing price, i think 'twould be best if u could go ask a shop u trust for a quote.

man the tele looks sweet. :)

a maple neck with maple fretboard? depends on what brand you're getting i suppose. a fender tele neck probably will set u back minimum 150 for a 2ndhand one.

routing will also be expensive. be prepared to fork money out. why don't u consider single-coil size humbucking pickups instead?

ya i have considered single coil sized humbucking pickups, but i was just enquiring cos somehow the SH look does'nt look right to me. cosmetically speaking i would definitely prefer a HH. Just want to enquire if anyone has done it before and the rough estimate for the price.

lol if u dun wan it im gonna change the pickguard to black, and
1)install a blues saraceno in the neck
2)maybe in the bridge and seal the neck pup and make it a single Hum tele with split coil :twisted:
3) Turn it into a tele-gib
:lol:

since you don't want your tele pickup anymore, sell the tele and buy a les paul lah. Easier and no headache :lol:

Mew - if you're letting go and qwerty decides not to have it, let me know.. i have a friend who's in the hunt for a tele so he might be interested. (to trade maybe? cos he got over 7 electrics alone... zzz) :?

thor666 said:
Mew - if you're letting go and qwerty decides not to have it, let me know.. i have a friend who's in the hunt for a tele so he might be interested. (to trade maybe? cos he got over 7 electrics alone... zzz) :?
Just to keep all my options open , its actually on the luther classified now :D

buy tele body from Warmoth with HB routing! I think getting it painted is better than maybe destroying guitar.

Or just do it yourself....all you need is chisel and hammer. :wink:

Hey If EVH can do it, so can you :p

I think the guitar will look damn sweet with a hot rail at the neck la. Cream coloured. Sweeeeeet. And if you are going to put that pup down, Dave Murray of Iron Maiden uses 3 of those in his strat, S-S-S. :wink: I like Murray's tone. If you don't, then dun get it by all means :D Routing the guitar for H at the neck is irreversible, so might as well try a S sized humucker first, but that's if your guitar is running on strat sized S not tele sized S of course.

Back