Review: Squier Bullet Special (Modded)

SmFizz

Hi, my second review about the budget guitar the squier bullet special. Take note this is not the squier bullet with three single coils. This is the one fully stripped down, probably modeled after the Tom Delonge Signature. It has one ''hot'' humbucker with 1 volume knob, and...? nope nothing else.
EM_032-0000-150.gif

The Squier Bullet Special is a no-nonsense tone machine with the looks to get you noticed. Sporting one hot humbucker, chrome hardware, and a single volume knob, it will separate you from the pack. It features a bolt-on maple neck with a rosewood fretboard, 21 medium frets, and hardtail bridge.
I got this guitar from someone on soft, and i got a pickup change+coiltap. (courtesy of GH whom i recommend to anyone wanting to do guitar/pedal mods)
However it retails at swee lee for about $239.

Features: Listed above...except the pickup is changed to a Seymour Duncan Invader (duh lol what else).. and the volume knob is changed to a push-pull coiltap function. Finish is relatively beautiful.. this guitar came in a nice metallic/cobalt blue. However i wish this guitar had more than 21 frets..:(

Sound: Nice with the pickup change. Screams on distortion.. the reason i changed the pup was cause i wanted something similar to the TD signature since its discontinued, and here i have one for about half the price.. However on clean IMO there seems to still be a little distortion.

Playability: fretboard is nice and smooth.. good for moving from fret to fret. guitar is quite light which is useful if your jumping about on stage

Overall: this is a great guitar for the price, but you might wanna consider changing the stock pickup as its a bit crappy. Other than that is great for punk lovers such as me..I can jam all my blink songs on it :p

Rating: 78%

actually why did you get the invader? just because of TD?
there are much better pickups imho, and the question is, if it wasnt for TD, would you have put in an invader?

actually why did you get the invader? just because of TD?
there are much better pickups imho, and the question is, if it wasnt for TD, would you have put in an invader?

haha aiya relax lah. its only natural.

thats how companies get the marketing edge rmb? by telling everyone that this or that artists uses my product, so everyone starts buying it because this certain artist uses it.

its all gotta do with clever marketing and understanding how ppl like smfizz think. :-D

lol ladyintears why u keep getting on my nuts. Its a good pickup for distortion anyhow. I would buy it for every guitar i had if i could.

I bought this guitar-alike from a fellow softies. Mine is actually a normal Stratocaster but the owner made it look like this Bullet. From my experience, it's not that good because there is no tone knob.

i feel that this guitar is quite limited when it comes to features, and also for me, 21 frets really just isnt enough... at least the TS installed coiltap in it though (i'm assuming for versatility?)

Yep i wanted to have two diff tones. For me its fine to have limited features, less shit to worry about anyway

If I were to buy a single-pickup guitar, it will definitely be the squier hello kitty one... the pink colour HAHA.

Not only good for Tom Delonge, can be used to play Van Halen tunes as well. It worked for Eddie with that one humbucker/one volume knob setup :)

Latest posts

Back