Recording guitars and vocal

acbabc

i m looking for a good and affordable interface for recording acoustic, electric, bass guitar and vocals. I have 2 options at the moment, a toneport ux 2 or a alesis multimix 4 usb. I've done research on the toneport ux 2 but there are very little information about the multimix 4 usb. What are the pros and cons of using each interface? Any other suggestions that suit my needs are also welcome.

I dont think alesis multimix 4 is available in SG. there's a multimix 8 thou. Im using the multimix 8 and i think it works wonders. u can record all of the above u've mentioned using micing technique. Its also an external soundcard for your computer and also a normal mixer. so its like 2 items combined in 1. it also have built in effects in the mixer.
i cant say much abt the toneport cuz i havent tried it yet. thats just my opinion on the multimix 8. hope it'll be usefull to u.
oh and it cost only 295 at sinamex.

Thanks. I'm not sure if the multimix 4's quality is as good as the multimix 8. btw, i found the multimix 4 in sinamex catalog. it's 180. that's why i m questioning the quality since it provides so many things ( 4 channels with 2 xlr + phantom power, 4 1/4 inputs, mixer + sound card), yet with the price of a m-audio fast track usb. i would really appreciate if someone who actually used it gives a feedback.

Back