Recommendations for acoustic guitar strings

Cheez

Any recommendations for good acoustic guitar strings? What is everybody using for their acoustic guitars?

I used to use D'Addario Light because my guitar manufacturer (Maton) recommended that - apparently my guitar (original "Australian A" series- not the new tropical ones) was made best for those strings in terms of tension (they were quite strong about it - stating that if possible, only those strings with those tension should be used!). Last few years, I switched to Elixir because of their feel, brighter sound and longer lasting (even longer than the coated D'Addario). As Swee Lee stopped bringing in Elixir acoustic strings, I got curious and asked why. The reply was that Elixir was "too bright". I thought that was a funny reason. Wonder why Sinamax didn't think of that one...

But then it got me thinking. Perhaps Swee Lee's decision was based on customers' feedback and preferences. So...back to the original question - what strings do you use, why, and what do you recommend?

I use Martins. Work for me. (On my Martin - those two were made for each other)

Bright where you need it, and deep and throaty otherwise.

They do get a bit 'grotty' though on the lowest strings I found (the wound ones) and show up finger dirt quite easily, but apart from that, they sound great.

I used to use the GHS contact core strings, and they were pretty bright. They don't really last long though, and I'm considering getting a DM set.

i use DR rares or extra life... they give very good sound and last very long... its my first choice for my taylor... :)

vernplum said:
I use Martins. Work for me. (On my Martin - those two were made for each other)

Bright where you need it, and deep and throaty otherwise.

They do get a bit 'grotty' though on the lowest strings I found (the wound ones) and show up finger dirt quite easily, but apart from that, they sound great.

where do u buy martin guitars and martiun stuff in singapore?

Latest posts

Back