Recommendation for a new slim neck profile electric Guitar

Redknight

hi fellow softies,

need some recommendations for a slim neck profile guitar.

looking at les paul sg model at this moment.

went to swee lee and got a feel of the epiphone goth g400 and it feels fantastic in my hands as my hands is a little bit small to handle thick neck. but the only prob i feel with this guitar is the inlay is only mark with a XII whereby i m not tht expert to handle it without all the normal inlay
currently using a epiphone les paul 100 for half a yr whereby the only prob is the thick neck that it has which i cannot handle it well :(

thinking of 2 brands at this moment

- Edwards les paul sg(which i do not have any chance to touch 1 of these and dunno hows the feel of the neck profile)

- Epiphone g400/g400 custom (whats the diff between these 2 model? does g400 custom also have a slim neck profile like g400??)

pls kindly guide and advise me on this.

i have around $1200 to spare :) any other brand which is sg body shape & slim neck profile n its tone must b also gd i will also take into consideration

les pauls arent known to have very thin necks. if u want thin necks maybe u might want to take a look at other guitars like ibanez's or jacksons. those have freakin thing necks.

if u still insist on les pauls or sg's the thinnest i've ever come is actually gibson's 60s neck profile. which isnt as thin as the ibanez wizard necks (obviously).

what u could do is shave the neck down then refinish it. get a luthier to do it.

hmmm jacksons guitar where can i view and feel it? pls advise?
regarding the neck shaving part any advise where/location it can b done and cost?

If you want a slim neck to play with, then Les Paul guitars are out. I will go for Ibanez, ESP, Jackson etc. Jackson guitars are available at Swee Lee but very limited models.

Getting the neck "shaved" to a slimer profile does not come cheap and I dun think its a wise choice unless you have money to burn. It require good workmanship and paint job. This will easily cost you a few hundred bucks. If you insist then check with Guitar Connection.

any gd range from esp to recommends? as stated slim neck..
how abt edwards? heard that they are quite gd also but is neck profile i have no idea :confused:

saw the pricing of jacksons guitar at swee lee online store almost have an heart attack.

while going through ibanez website i notice this model

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=GAX70

seems quite gd to my style couldn't find it at swee lee online store any1 noes where got sell. and the neck issit slim type judging from the neck measurement diagram online??

the swee lee online store usually jacks up the (already sky-high) price and does not show the show everything they stock. if you want a more accurate quotation of their guitars, you should head down and check it out.

The online prices are already discounted from their usual 20% discount. What you see in their store are before the 20% discount. Give them a call to check. ;)

No problem :) I will PM you the email address of a Swee Lee salesperson. You can email her to check for the prices.

tks guys for all the advise n help. finally got a rg350ex :mrgreen: after trying n testing out at swee lee on almost all the ibanez they hab.

Last edited:
Les Paul necks are like baseball bats, forget it.

Since you said Jackson prices are bollocks, I guess you'd have to go for an Ibanez. I think Ibanez guitars are highly affordable for the quality that they are putting up. If you want something pointy that rips off a Jackson warrior, the Ibanez PT-300 is a pretty reasonable choice. Try it out at Swee Lee Music Company.

that should be XPT... :cool:

Ah yea, dodgy buttons on my keyboard, thanks.

=Redknight

Anyway, I just saw your budget, why not expand it to 1500 and get a Japanese import Jackson? I can let you have a go on my MG warrior if you need any convincing ;)\

edit: Crap I read further and saw you bought an Ibanez, happy playing!

Back