real wiring experts in sg?

oYx

i'm looking for someone who really knows wiring - in the sense that he/she knows very well how wiring works, not someone who just blindly follows a diagram.

let me know if you know of someone like that, or if you are that person! :D

Passive guitar electronics is simple enough. Read the electrical schematic rather than pictorial one and you'll have a grasp of what goes where and why. If there's a mod you want to achieve, post it here and maybe we can help you out

oYx said:
i'm looking for someone who really knows wiring - in the sense that he/she knows very well how wiring works, not someone who just blindly follows a diagram.

let me know if you know of someone like that, or if you are that person! :D

this is not a passive system. it has active circuitry. it's been through two guitar techs, and it has not been solved. anybody else besides those already mentioned?

When u wire active electronics into a guitar or bass, it isn't all that far off from wiring passive electronics. The active circuit is usually modular and it's just a matter of connecting em together. You are not required to solder inductors and jfets onto a circuit board, so it's not exactly rocket science :)

What exactly are you having problems with anyway?

okay, maybe it is not really a problem, more like a mod.

the guitar in question has a sustainer circuitry. because of that, having the bridge pickup going into parallel mode within itself has caused some interference to the way the sustainer works.

i have another sustainer guitar which takes in a split bridge well. but for the other guitar, with which i want to try for a parallel bridge, it is still not that straightforward it seems.

in any case, i do have a diagram which some guys from the US have sent to me to try. unfortunately, i am not a wiring kind of person, so i have not tried their suggestion yet. so i am looking for some guy who is good with his electrical stuff to do it.

Wouldn't the sustainer's driver coil be from the neck pickup? How's that preventing you from wiring the bridge PU as parallel?

okay, this will be a little beyond me, because i do not know wiring.

but from what i can grasp of the situation, it seems after the parallel mode is wired for, the signal flow is somehow creating a loop, causing some kind of squeal on the harmonic mode of the sustainer.

the US guys have also suspected that it might happen with their suggestion, but it is just their guess so far. moreover, the way it is currently wired now may be different from their suggestion.

Latest posts

Back