online sound engineering course

hi the course looks interesting...but i have one concern here...you dun get to work hands on since its an online learning course provided by another country...i think the most important part is still the practical sessions...

hmm, actually what i understand is that you will be given tasks to perform to learn more about the concepts taught. after which, you'll hand in your homework through the internet.

i think the key issue here is that the kind of gear available to you will be limited to home recording setups and consoles or whatever you can afford, instead of the high-end, top-notch equipment that schools such as sae can provide.

but it depends on what you want, i guess. if you're a hobby-ist just wanting to make better recordings and not a budding professional sound engineer, it makes more sense to take a $1000 course than a $10000 one.

kantiancosmonaut

do you have any recording set up now? audio engineering over the years have moved from large format console to computer based DAW. going through a course like the one you mentioned is a good way to 'force' yourself to learn everything.

Back