OM: Eric Johnson Cover Video : SRV

EvilGtr

Ok heheh I bought a new guitar at the Ibanez sale so I decided to "show it off" on a video. Its nothing too extravagent of course, I can't afford too expensive an axe, but it seemed pretty ok for my standards.... that's a video of me attempting Eric Johnson's SRV, with plenty of mistakes here and there, and somewhat for the solo itself I tried to have a warm sound....but was telling andrew it sounded a little like a trumpet :cry: and I think the pickups are not really picking up my hammer ons well... oh well perhaps its just my playing... keke tell me what u think of my new guitar's sound ya? The video has to be watched at 33% size if not super blur... :p

http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1WF39GZIUUER33ER036ZXU7YOI

There is slightly too much slapback reverb. But otherwise you got some sweet chops man!

Hey man,
I think you got a nice clean tone there... pretty close to the EJ tone on clean I would say. Good job!

hmmm.... there's a good vibe going on in the intro part... where the theme is played. Then during the first solo break (1:30), its good tone there... but you gotta work on your dynamics and feel. The same goes for the solo break at 2:13. You sounded kinda lost during those 2 solos... the confidence went away.

You sound good during the themes and esp in the outro them... you were energetic and there was good dynamics going on!

I'd say.. .work on your vibrato... its gotta be more expressive. Right now you are kinda tame and the vibrato lacks confidence. Try using a wider vibrato for starters... wider but controlled.

Then dynamics is another thing. I noted you started using more dynamics during the last verse/outro and that added a lot to the feel! Work on your picking.. loud, soft, urgent, laid back... so on so forth.

Finally... I noted your whammy bar pull at 1:28. You could make it more pronouced by doing a silent dive bomb, hit a string, then slow raise to pitch. ;) More power lah that way. :twisted:

lol thanks for the tips! it's great that finally i got u to see/hear it.... transferring to u on msn is such a bitch man lol....

[=ShredCow

lol u r so right i am a bit lost cos my foot was distracting me lol...had to switch patch and pickups lol that i kinda lost the playing vibe there and then.... then last verse no need to switch liao so more relaxed keke

EvilGtr said:
lol thanks for the tips! it's great that finally i got u to see/hear it.... transferring to u on msn is such a bitch man lol....

;) I'm currently upgrading to MSN 7.5 I hope its better!

NICE video effect hehehe...
with the shaded colors.. but how come never see ur face hehe
nice guitar man killer tone as well. really nice lead "trumpet" tone.. gorgeous. nice chops as well. just some tuning issues man. gotta tune and set up intonation :wink:

ehhh? personally i find nothing wrong with ur playing. i'm kind of envious now actually! hahahhha... great stuff! if only the video is a little bit clearer (i think u want it to look old with the grainy efx), i might just be able to 'copy' some skills from u...

lol i used the old grainy effect cos i recorded the entire thing with a cheap 15 dollar webcam and the resolution is ****ed..... so i might as well just make it look more "pro" with effects instead of having the blur effect lol, thanks for the note!

good tone ... nice guitar and well played. hey the intro speech is u ? :lol: guess not ... it really looks and sound good to me ... bout those details ... well, let the expert give u their comments ... :thumbsup:

[=SpaTanS

i missed your msg ealier lol sorry... the intro speech is part of the backing track i was playing to lol, i din know how to get rid of it!!!

Back