Old-newbie introducing himself

tonezone9

Hi all,
Self Intro??? Well I used to play the guitar, Started while I was abt 15 yrs old. That was around 1989. The era that i was in, most people were playing Metallica, Bon Jovi, Iron Maiden etc. And now I am still stuck in that era. Those days there was such a thing as a Boys Club where guys can hang around doing what most guys like to do. Soccer, Billiards, Sega (that time Playstation was not around yet) and of course jam together. Equiptments were provided. So that is how I start. I played till about around 1995 when I was enlisted. Well that started my decline. I slowly , gradually lose time to play.

After NS, time to look for work, then got settled down.

However the intrest to play came when my son saw some old photos of me performing and asked why i stop playing.

As such now I am bitten by the bug. Slowly start picking up from where i stop.

Well thats my story. I'm slowly now relearning what i use to know and play and hopefully you guys can assist and guide me.

dat's wat i'm fearing man..when we hav forgotten about the damn 'wife', we will really come clean..not even a thought of touching her..
It is when we forgot the fact dat she was the only thing who was always there to be with us and help us recover from our hard times..sigh..i hope i wont neglect this 'wife' of mine in my whole lifetime..=]

2cents of sadness..lolz

welcome to soft.

wow, you started playing the year i was born. sorry if that makes you feel old. but im sure there are more softies older than you.

hey man, welcome aboard :cool:

i recall the Boys Club to be a police-supervised organization to keep juvenile delinquency at bay. i used to frequent it when i was younger @ MacPherson...

Thanks.

Tks,
Nice to feel welcome. Btw I play the guitar. I'm staying in the east but went to tiong bahru boys club (anywhere where i can jam for free) Over there is when i start to listen to Credence, Grand Funk Railroad and such. Those days your unable to play those "heavy" kinda songs in the public performance so i mostly play ballads from G n' R, Mr Big and those oldies but goodies from CCR and Queen.

Ol Newbie introducing himself

I tot this would be appropriate to intro myself...Ive been on this forum since 2000 but not been in touch till recently..this site has grown alot and has reached out to all local musicians ..compared to when i first joined..Its nice to be back and like you FGL, an Arsenal fan..

Last edited:
A warm welcome and do enjoy your stay at Soft...." It's Music In Singapore"

PS: - Are You the Bassists "Sky" ? nevermind anyway great to have you around again.

Thanks for the warm welcome...im not the bassist u were referring to but just another fan of music and this website..

Back