Not so serious male & female musicians, groupie.. here!

Hi. 18 year old vocalist here. looking to get the vocalist role in this. plays some guitar too. and wanna try the bass. If this works out, give me a text at 94871660 - Indra

Sorry guys.. had to be away on a sudden attachment to my regional office in KL and BKK for a while. Didn't left me enough time to drop a note, was rushing all the way. Then came back for a week reservist, which just ended today. I will be free this week but will have to be away again for another 9 days, starting Mon 3 Oct. Hopefully I will be back after all that, and free from major commitments. I should think so..

I hope there are a few who can take the lead in case am not around? David, CY etc..? Remember people, it doesn't have to be me to get the sessions moving.

My sincere apologies however. I do hope you guys stick together and/or get a session going while I was MIA.

M

Hey Guys,
Do drop me a line at vijithforever@gmail.com or 82358042. I play the guitar and piano, all self taught. I know all the basic chords and can play them well. I was looking around to find a group of people to play music with and learn in the process. Hoping to hear from you.
Thanks,
Vijith

Hi, i'm a bassist, but still pretty new to the instrument. i would like to give this a try. is there a new song list or it's still the same with the one some 2 pages back?

Hey guys, how did the first session go? Would love to join you next time. I have a family jam session every month in my house, but keen to find more people to jam with. I especially like the emphasis on fun and enjoying the music vs perfectionism. I'm playing mostly violin right now (4 lessons + a lot of playing by ear, think Vitamin String Orchestra type stuff... only.. with a bit more squeaking sometimes..), a bit of keyboard and drums. Ooh, can I try singing for Living on a Prayer? =D my email's randomself@gmail.com

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Okie Dokie...I am organising an informal accoustic jam at my void deck in Clementi. BYO instruments pls (i can provide 1 cajon). I can provide some non-alcoholic drinks for about 8 to 10 people.

Venue: Blk 118 Clementi Street 13 (Sunset Way Estate) Void Deck (table just outside the mama shop)
Date: 6 Oct 2011 (Thursday, dun ask me why thursday pls)
Time: 8 - 10pm
How to get there: Buses 52, 61, 74, 75, 151, 154, 184 (stop at blk 116 bustop), 52, 154 and 184 come from clementi mrt
I'll have a laptop+internet access so we can find chords and stuff for all the songs w wanna play.

All are welcome as long as you're humble, nice and friendly. Really informal session. Can just come talk cock sing song learn from one another. Ping pong also available for those who need to blend sports n music.

pls post here if you can make it and maybe put up the songs you wanna jam.

cheers

Chin Yuen

sounds fun. I think i got a perfect venue for this but it gotta be on a monday or wednesday evening. I play strings and a little drums. count me in. 90624066.
SO when is this gonna happen? any dates set already?

hi guys.

Have been playing acoustic guitar for like close to 2 years already but still stuck on basic chords lazy to learn scales and stuff. My friends don't play instruments also so no one to jam with. Just bought a cheap electric to try power chords and rhythm nowadays.

28yr old male here btw. Contactable via mobile 90669221 or kinokunya@gmail.com
Anyone into Thai pop here? Bodyslam Potato Big Ass Suckseed. :)

Last edited:
the acoustic jam at void deck thing, try having another one on a weekend or something. poly students having classes and can't stay out late may not come

Yup, this thing is still on tonight. come on down. give me a buzz when you're here and I'll bring my gear down.

see you all soon!

Chin Yuen

Hello there, this sounds like what I've been hoping for, being around people who just want to play music in a not so formal setting:) I'm a halfway decent female vocalist who recently picked up the guitar but I can strum chords and do pass off as alright (My ability goes up to playing Stairway to Heaven, kind of :p) I would love to come tonight but have only just found out about it and seeing as I'm having my exams on now I doubt my parents would allow it. Um I'm 15 this year, but I have been able to pass off as 18 if that's any consolation(in terms of my maturity level :\) But if there is ever another session! my email is xinruilee@yahoo.com And Adding to the setlist? May I suggest some Pulp? Maybe a good old chart topper like 'Common People' or perhaps some Placebo! The song 'Teenage Angst' Yep. Thanks for organising :)

oh btw,

i play blues and (starting to get into) jazz. please let me know if it's still on or if there's a vacancy!

Hi peeps,

the informal void deck jam did happen! hahha...very cosy, just David and I outside a mama shop + block cats walking around. Jammed some old school stuff like Mr Big, Extreme, Stone Temple Pilots etc.

will try to give earlier notice next time but the impromptu-ness of it all kinda nice as well, given our busy schedule.

will be out of town most of the later part of the year but I'll see what I can do when I am back.

will do some recordings of our jams next time! all are welcome, there us always a vacancy(for nice sensible blokes)!

chin yuen

Back