Not so serious male & female musicians, groupie.. here!

Hey mercuriel, my friend would like to join in the fun as well. She's a beginner, but she could do on guitars and bass mostly, and a lil on vox and drums =D

Last edited:
This sounds kinda fun, would be interested in it definitely. Because of school commitments lately.

Well, I like to sing. I think I can sing well enough without making people's ears bleed too much.

And uh, i am learning keyboard but still suck at it. Well, and I play harmonica (omg how to fit that instrument into anythign right LOL but yea. My favourtie is singing so whatever songs in whichever language, that would be fun!)

Anybody is still welcome to join in. I don't intend to close the number of players or even limit your skill, instruments and creativity. You can be and play anything, but be musical lah. Don't expect to bring grandpa's erhu when you can't even pluck a fcuking note. I'll make sure everybody took turns and pluck your ears left and right.

Well you come and make it happen for that session. Yes we have many sessionists here, but who cares. You can play your songs with whomever and they doesn't have to be necessary the same people all the time. We're flexible that way. You will have the chance to play the same songs which the other guy did.. and make Metallica sounds like metallic can.

But for newbies playing whatever, I think we need 1-2 solid players to lay the groove or even coach them on the spot. The motto should be like, get the song going no matter what. Be creative and improvise but keep it simple. As people grew in confidence and become better at that their instrument, we'll let them steer themselves (while we sit in the back and chuckle).

Terrific idea to start FB. My time is rather limited though, I think so are most of us lah. Maybe if I can find time. But seriously, if anybody can step forward and run with it, by all means do so. Interesting however, wtf are we going to call our little co-op shop in FB?

Btw, post in the thread if your interested. We want to keep comms open and not leave anybody in the dark. If you PM your interest, just consider yourself already in. Then haul ass over here to post or contribute constructively.

Now while we wait just a little, think of 1-2 easy songs you like, which you think you can play or sing. If not that, just think anyway. We'll round them up (the songs) later, then see how we'd take it from there!

With that, I leave you with Justice Vs Simian - Never Be Alone (We Are Your Friends)

M

Last edited:
Hi peeps,

I'll create a FB group (call Museos of the Open Mind for now at least) for us. For those interested enough, just sms your email addys to 98156992 so I can add you in. We can organise our first rojak jam from there.

cheers, then you can all come and jam for free in my private studio with ceiling high amps, recording equipment, fenders, gibsons, fedoras, whisky cabinet...dream on la!

chin yuen

heya!

23yr old guitarist here. been playin for a couple of years now. can play bass too although i must admit i kind suck at it LOL :) just gimme a text or ring at 96991503 if u still lookin for people yea. always willing to jam around a lil'. :)

pls add me in as well! im 22, female vox. no prior exp but i hope we can find our ideal members thru this and it will be a whole load of fun :DDD

CANT WAIT! mercuriel please start a fb group i think people can join on their own by a search. dont think so much time on your side. i can help u if u want ^^

Not a multi instrumentalist but even my voice sux...well yeah, wanna try out for d female vox. *peace*

Whoaa.. I changed my mind, lets play futsal instead.. XD

Aahh.. it's all coming together. Thanks to the cool cats who will be lending your femme voices, our friend Lightie will be very relief. And to everyone else here who shares the common working concept.. SolidRocker, jjw.. and we are still looking. So don't leave your mobile thinking we'd call. We would, but with so many people later, it would be very tough to track and invite. Best to be proactive in the post or FB, so everybody knows who you are and how you'd contribute musically for each jam.

I've been to alot of music community forum, but I think this is the first ever co-op amateur band of musicians. If this works out, you guys are the pioneers making history. Let me also add that, if you happen to gel with anybody and want to form up a real and more serious band, by all means do so! This is why it's so cool. Instead of speed dating, we do speed jamming! XD

Heads up people, see the post above by our tech savvy member fivetospare (thanks Chin Yuen) on FB register. Maybe you leave your email addy for contact CY, we want to give people an option not to disclose their mobiles. I'm still thinking to join as err.. another FB account name lah.. Oiy I am a very private person alright?

M

Dear M
the fb group doesnt even exist so means he had not created it yet and have u contacted him already?
ive msg him before this thread even came and he doesnt sound at all passionate with whatever he's doing :eek:

anyway im into acoustic duo looking for a guitarist so if anyone dont mine trying can reach me at 98349788 my influences are taylor swift, lady antebellum, maroon 5, paramore, FIR.

ive msg him before this thread even came and he doesnt sound at all passionate with whatever he's doing :eek:

Now, now, no need for such harsh words. For all you know he might be tied down with other commitments. Since I'm a free bugger with lotsa time, guess I'll create the group on FB then. I'll try my best to add those who've already posted their email here, but if I missed out on any and for those who are interested, you guys can just give me a pm at FB (zakharia_87@hotmail.com) and I'll add you up. :)

UPDATE: Just realised that there's hardly any email address here doh! So yeah, hit me with those friend requests and I'll immediately invite you to the group xD

Last edited:
Wah JK you are very the aggressive one lah.. steady steady.. we are all busy people.. I have a cat that needs my loving attention, others have errand for their moms, then those who are having dinner with girlfriend, changing baby diapers.. I know your excited as everybody does here. Don't worry, we will get to you. ;)

So volux, your creating the FB group or fivetospare will? I don't mind either, whomever starts it first. CY your ok with that? So everybody post your email asap! I think we have enough players to roll out the first session, so lets work towards that.

If y'all wanna add me: mercuriel @ g m a i l . c o m

Keep this thread active for discussions and what not. Since this is rather new thing we have going here, we want to take the advantage of the forum traffic for new people, fresh ideas, to keep the co-op shop growing. Maybe we can use the FB for posting confirmed setlists, chord progresssions, tabs, session dates, studio venue etc, and importantly the folks who will be attending to watch and/or sessioning the setlists.

So has everyone thought of your 2 songs? I think it's going to be a real challenge to all who are going into uncharted territories and beyond their comfort zones. Just remember we're not here to test, or force anybody into playing ok? Loosen up and have fun. Lets see how crazy this will get.

M

I've sent out fb requests to both mercuriel and fivetospare so far. For those of you who've set your privacy settings to private aka "anything except Everyone", please add me instead as I will not be able to search for your profile eg kl1ck88

Once again, my email on FB is zakharia_87@hotmail.com if you need to add :)

Back