Noise gate/suppressor

pooo said:
ya, u can adjust the parameters... so u loss as little tone as possible, well its kinda a compromise..loss a bit of tone kill a bit of noise.....loss more tone, kill more noise...

Why not save the tone, and mod the pedals, upgrade the equipment to cut down the noise instead? :wink:

actually i only hv my ns-2 'on' when i hv more than 2 overdrive/distortion efx 'on', so most of the time its 'off' :)

juz wanted to let the thread-starter know what he can expect if he's gona get the ns-2......

echoist said:
another recommendation if u want to get this pedal, place only the noisy pedals (distortion, compressor, eq) in the send/return loop of the NS2. the rest of the pedals can just be linked through its input/output. if u don't get that, check the Boss site.

+1

yes, if its not noisy dun hv to put in the ns-2 loop.......

hmm ok tink i'll change my 2 pin to 3-pin and see how it goes.. cuz the buzz is minimal.. anyway thx for ur help guys.. 8)

ok, forgot to mention something abt the 2-pin to 3-pin thing here. if the 2-pin plug head only have 2 wires (that's without a ground) then its useless to change. but most of the time, they come with 3 wires even though its 2-pin. so, have a go at it...

anw, good luck with ur quest for less, or no noise.

i play metal. about that stopping riffs in between that cause noise. i think a change in pickup will solve the problem

that's how i got over mine. High gain, no doubt. Stock pickups cant handle it...so they go eeee when u pause making it so irritating.

change to a pickup that can take high gain punishment and there you go. now i just mute the strings and i don't get funny noises out of it.

the only hiss i have is from the chain of pedals powered by 1spot.
before i use 1spot i didnt have this problem.

so i just off the distortion pedal when i'm not playing.

so what i'm trying to say is....maybe the money spend on a NS2 might be spend on something else u desire?

noise gate is a must for gigs!!!
ur playing will be more professional lorh
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :smt059

That only applies to the gain pumping rockers.

For the others, it's always better to have a silent rig by itself, eliminating the need for a gate. Lots of artists around don't even use gates man.

okay. i've seen alot comments in this thread about NS2. just one more question. NS2 , CS3. what's the difference and what's your comments about CS3?

The CS-3 is a compressor, while the NS-2 is a noise gate. Two completely different animals.

Ok, i notice that this thread is really old!Haha!But Im gona give my opinion anway. :)

Noise gate/surpressors got a certain cut-off range which is usually adjustable by turning a few knobs. It does help kill the feedback noise with high gain setups. But i dont think it kills the tone of the guitars that much.If u're patient enough to tweak your setup, im sure u'll get what you want.

Other than Boss's NS series, u might wana check out ARTEC's true bypass Noise Gate. It is effective and it doesnt kill any tone, IMO. If u want ur guitar to scream followed by a long sustain, u can jus simply switch it off and let it flow. :)

Latest posts

Back