new amp?

ItAcHi

hey guys...what amp should i get?im currently using line6 spider2 15 watt...but feel like changing to a more powerful amp...something around 50 watt...

can ur house take a 50W? will neighbours complain? i wanted to buy a 50W but bought a 25W because 50W too powerful for me, and i have to set it to 8 o clock so not too loud

but 50W are great man, power amp

ohh...no worry about tt...my hse is pretty seperated from my neighbours...so its pretty fine

You looking for good onboard distortion? If so, I think maybe you can go for the Peavey XXX 40watt combo, or the peavey XXL 100watt(can be switched between 25,50 and 100watt) combo if you have the cash to burn, versatile amps and definitely great for metal.

If you're planning to use your own pedal distortion, then maybe you can go for kustom amps, quite value, celestion speakers. Many recommend the roland cube 60, nvr tried it personally. Vox AD30/50vt? tried the ad30vt, quite nice sounding cleans, can match it with your pedal distortion, can use the onboard amp modellers as well

oh yea, It'll be good if you get something with a 12inch driver, find that theres more bass response in 12inch drivers than the other smaller drivers :)

hmm..budget ah...around 800 to 1k...i need great clean...distortion aint big factor cos im using my own pedals most of the time...i tried the VOX ad100vt..it sounds pretty good...but i guess i dun need something so powerful yet...

ItAcHi said:
hey guys...what amp should i get?im currently using line6 spider2 15 watt...but feel like changing to a more powerful amp...something around 50 watt...

tell us why you want a new amp...

hmm, i'd say get a smarvo.

no. 1, its damn cheap :twisted:

no. 2, the cleans really sound good, but only down side is the distortion
channels arent fantastic, so its best if u whack everything via pedals onto the clean channel. but seeing as u said ur dist/od mainly comes from the pedals, then i suppose this won't pose much of a problem for u.

no. 3, for 800 bucks, u can buy a half stack if u want to \m/

about the great size and all, its not too much of an issue imho, the possibility of power from the baby is very nice to have. plus if u have school gigs or something, u can drag that thing along if u want to. only thing is tweaking the volume very carefully, as there seems to be a huge volume "surge" at a certain point.

its really quite shiok if u turn it up just a little bit during the early afternoons with ur door closed, it really gets u the "mood" to rock and roll, makes u feel like u can do anything 8)

but also, as sub said, why the new amp? i heard the line6 that u're using is pretty good.

ItAcHi said:

more powerful, if i'm not wrong means you want more LOUDNESS, yes?
if yes, maybe you can try Marshall AVT-20. It's loud enough to make your neighbour complain when you play with volume knob point to 5 in distortion channel. :lol:

alright since theres already a thread on this, gotta ask, which of these amps is the most versatile and value for money?
Ibanez Toneblaster 15W, Marshall MG 15, Laney HCM30, Behringer GM-108, VOX Pathfinder 15R or any kustom amps to recommend?
i play mostly hard rock, punk rock, metal and a little blues, budget ard 200- getting a new amp to replce the ultra sucky yamaha GA10

p.s- sorry to itachi for hijacking your thread, since amps are being discussed here might as well :wink:

i would say the marshall mg15 isnt that great the mini stack would be better in this case if u want marshall.. vox pathfinder series are pretty good actually.. my preference among the rest and good for blues, can do with a heavier distortion since ur playing metal tho..

spider2 cant produce a very clear clean sound which i need...and i cant drag the 15watts spider2 to a personal gig right...alright i can, but its gonna sound 'weak'...

Since you want something louder and you got 800 to 1k to spend. Try looking for a used tube amp. A 30 Watt Tube amp has enough headroom to be louder than a 50watt SS amp and you get much better tone from it in my opinion. Try hunting down a used laney tube combo. the VC30s are pretty decent, got mine used from GC for 750.

Smarvos do have a clear clean sound. It's just that their distortion is erm.... you're better off with pedals. If you have nice pedals then a smarvo will do fine, IMO.

Pier.

ItAcHi said:
spider2 cant produce a very clear clean sound which i need...and i cant drag the 15watts spider2 to a personal gig right...alright i can, but its gonna sound 'weak'...

ic..thanks for the advice guys...i will go try out the amps u all mention...oh ya..1 last thing...u guys know where got sell mesa boogie F30 amp?

theres a mesa boogie at esden trading in sim lim, not sure what model, but just the head alone costs a whopping 4000 bucks!!!!

Latest posts

Back