Mixer Hookup

amptones

hi guuys here is my situation i have a yamaha mg10/2 and a emu-0404 soundcard i would like to have a two way communication between my Mixer to Soundcard AND Soundcard to Mixer i understand that i connect my monitors to the C/R out of the mixer so that i can monitor the level of my mix using the mixer the hting is how do i connect my mixer to soundcard? thanks

you should be using your mixer for it's PREAMP only. from microphone -> mixer -> soundcard IN

for playback/monitoring, you simply connect from our soundcard OUT -> speakers.

* remember to turn on your speakers last when powering up.

the problem is your yamaha mg10/2 is pretty limited.

you will have to look at the "Two Way Communication Mixer to Soundcard AND Soundcard to Mixer with Direct Outs or Inserts "

if you use the INSERTS, the EQ will be bypassed.

There is no real advantage of connecting the soundcard back to the mixer for monitoring. in your case. because your mixer is not meant for this purpose.

if you really want to do it.

Connect your microphone to Channel 1 of your mixer, half-insert a 1/4 inch cable to Channel 1's INSERT. the other end is a RCA that connects to your EMU Audio IN. You can do the same for Channel 2 too. So as to record 2 tracks at one go.

Since your mixer only has 2 INSERTS, you can only do 2 tracks at 1 go. (got other ways but defeats the whole purpose again).

From your Soundcard Audio OUT -> Mixer 2TR IN

* there are chances that feedback will occur, let me know and we troubleshoot futher. :wink:

i plug my guitar into it reason whyi do it is becos i an monitor it using headphones as there is a phone function in the mixer and also my soundcard only has two outputs which will be taken up by the monitors

what guitar are you using? are you going through any effect processor?

Back