Mic adaptor question! VERY n00b!

petrina_123

LOL yes im such a n00b when it comes to mics and stuff!

I have a shure SM58 and i dont have a PA system to plug it into so I would like to plug it into my comp and guitar amp.

So WHAT adaptor whould i need to plug my mic into my amp ?

And what adaptor would be needed to plug it into my comp?

Where can i buy them and how much would it cost (can i buy them at any electrical store?)

You have to make sure your amp have another jack to link to your soundcard. (Emulated line-out and headphones type)

If not, Mic -> soundcard straight.

1/8" is the size. Provided your mic cable's jack is similar to normal guitar cables.

Where: Hardware shops.

Price: USUALLY 4-5 bucks.

u need a coaxial cable(i may be wrong with the definition), which is a cable with a xlr connection (from the mic) to a quarter inch cable (the 'standard' guitar cables).

so it's:

mic>coaxial cable>comp>quarter inch cable>amp

hope this helps

No i dun want to link form my comp to my amp...

I jus want it into my amp.

The cable i think is XLR to XLR but i want the adaptor to change it from XLR to guitar cable type to plug into my amp. if that makes sense... lol

yes there's a cable from XLR > 1/4 jack (guitar jack).

try going to simlim square and look for this electronics shop at one of the "back alley" with the lift (not the main lift lobby), on the 3rd / 4th floor i think. check the info counter. i remember the name of the shop is called Suang Huat trading and the chinese guy's name is dickson.

get him to make you one. ask for the price tag first.

mic > xlr - 1/4 jack > amp.

20¢ worth.

oh and I missed out. if you wanna plug into your comp afterwards.

mic > xlr - 1/4 jack + 1/8 (earphone) adapter [$1.50] > comp soundcard.

10¢ worth.

Back