MEGADETH-Blackmail The Universe World Tour. See pixs here!!!

Are YOU game for MEGADETH concert if they come to Singapore next year?

• YES!!! Its gonna be 1 hell of a MEGA-concert!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, give me Linkin Park or Britney Spears any day.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DaveMustaine

Rehearsals for the BLACKMAIL THE UNIVERSE World Tour hits the mark!!! The artist, Mike Learn who did the cover art for THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED, was invited down to an unknown warehouse to watch MEGADETH rehearse for their upcoming BLACKMAIL THE UNIVERSE World Tour.

The new line-up is:

Dave Mustaine (vocal, lead & rhythm guitar)
James MacDonough (bass)
Glen Drover (lead guitar)
Shawn Drover (drums)

Megadeth-BlackmailTheUniverseTourPoster_01.jpg

Here's are some pixs Mike Learn took during the rehearsal.

Megadeth-BlackmailTheUniverseRehearsal_02.jpg

Below is wat he posted in MEGADETH forum on how tight-sounding MEGADETH is playing right now. Cool, man! :D

--------------------
Mike Learn's post
--------------------

Sorry Guys....
I forgot to bring the card reader home with me.... Got some great pics. I will load them tomorrow.

OK...The band...They ****ING ROCK... BOut **** my pants when they broke into Reckoning Day.
GLEN SMAMMED all of Martys old stuff and when James broke in to Peace Sells... SCHWINGGGGGGGG
Kick THE CHAIR.....BOING>>> Ok I gotta calm down.
Ok.... I am so stoked. NO ONE WILL BE LET DOWN. You should have seen me headbanging all by myself..HAHAHAHHA It was like my own little concert. Had to really hold back breaking out into a mosh all by myself. MAN AM I JAZZED.

Shaun was working his ass off but is really coming along on the stuff. He will NOT let anyone down. VERY SOLID> ANd you can tell that he is doing that much better having his bro backing him up.

I can't tell you all enough how personable James is. You are really going to dig this guy in the band. Junior Schmunior..... That is all I have to say guys.

Finished up Shauns drum heads and labeled all the road cases tonight.

I have fullfilled a dream tonight.

DAVE IS THE MAN... SUCH A GREAT GUY,
I can almost say,...That if you guys dont enjoy the show you are brain dead.

Thanks for everything Dave!!!!!!!

MIKE

stars said:
whoa ! will they be coming to singapore for thier world tour >? i sure do hope so !

Same here.....Dave Mustaine did express his desire to play in Singapore for the 1st time, but hav to see how our local distributor work out the negotiations wif MEGADETH's tour management. Cross yur fingers there. I cant wait to see MEGADETH for the 1st time too.

Setlist for the 1st MEGADETH concert @Reno is out!!!

The setlist for the 1st MEGADETH concert @Reno is out!!! :D Now waiting for those fans who went 4 the Reno concert to give their detailed reviews. Stay tuned!

Reno setlist:

Skin Of My Teeth
Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
Something I'm Not
Reckoning Day
Killing Road
Train Of Consequences
Die Dead Enough
Angry Again
Kick The Chair
A Tout Le Monde
Hangar 18
Tornado Of Souls
Trust
Symphony

1st Encore:
Sweating Bullets
Peace Sells

2nd Encore:
Holy Wars

This is one great killer setlist to kick off the BLACKMAIL THE UNIVERSE World Tour. :D Only gripe for me is how come no LUCRETIA, THE SCORPION, FAMILY TREE, LOOKING DOWN THE CROSS, DREAD AND THE FUGITIVE MIND & some songs from RISK would be nice. :) Well, im sure the setlist will be different for each concert. This setlist is pretty good, jus tat i wanted more of MEGADETH!!! haha.....greedy me. ;) How u all find the setlist?

well, looking at it now, it's pretty comprehensive of their best live songs. Hanger 18 and Holy Wars are always a joy to watch live...

Vaiyen said:
well, looking at it now, it's pretty comprehensive of their best live songs. Hanger 18 and Holy Wars are always a joy to watch live...

Ditto!!! Its always a joy to watch MEGADETH shred on stage. Their RUST IN PEACE songs are classic speed metal, so far....no other metal bands can match up to MEGADETH's RUST IN PEACE album in terms of the sheer furiousity, intensity & solo. ;)

Got updates for MEGADETH's 2nd concert @Las Vegas Hard Rock Cafe. Check it out below! ;)

Megadeth - Las Vegas Hard Rock Cafe

Here's the setlist of the 2nd concert @Las Vegas Hard Rock Cafe! :D

Vegas setlist:

Skin Of My Teeth
Wake Up Dead
Killing Road
In My Darkest Hour
Something I'm Not
Train of Consequences
Reckoning Day
Die Dead Enough
Hangar 18
Angry Again
Kick The Chair
A Tout Le Monde
Tornado Of Souls
Trust
Symphony

1st Encore:
Sweating Bullets
Peace Sells

2nd Encore:
Holy Wars

;) Check out a fan's review of the concert. Dave Mustaine said some funny sh1t. :D

A fan's review of the Las Vegas concert

vegas show kicked ass...
just wanted to say that, not only did the show tonight totally kick ass, but dave's new band is unbelievable. glen played marty's solo's with absolute perfection.

i agree that it would have been nice to hear more songs from the new album, but dave's intro to 'something i'm not' was hilarious. he said, "this song is dedicated to a danish piece of crap i use to play with a few years ago." that should settle the debate about who the song is about (junior or lars).

megadeth rocks. and dave is back in top form.

Guess wat, u r not gonna believe wat u will be seeing later in this thread. Yes, im speaking of PIXS & small Clips of VIDEO taken by fans at the concert! :flash:

1 look at the PIXS is gonna put a smile on every metal-heads face! ;) The whole show is rockin' with all the fans ___________ !!! im not gonna spoil it for u all. Go see the PIXS below, man. :p

[/COLOR]

A fan's review of MEGADETH concert @ANAHEIM

Hey people... He he...

Just got back too. I have a bunch of pics and videos since we...

BROUGHT OUR CAMERA!!!

We'll post some pics soon... I met a bunch of people from the Deth boards and we hung out and talked while we waited for Dave or somebody from the band to say what's up outside the tour bus. At the end, people didn't notice, but I recognized James MacD. from his tattoos while everyone else was trying to get Dave's attention at the back of the bus. I hollared at James and got a pic with him.

I also got pictures with the bass player and guitarist of Exodus. Exodus was f*ckin kick ass and super loud...

The show was FOCKING great! And I must say that Glen can handle ALL the solos. He played better than even some of Marty's live stuff. No Bull Sh1t. AND, for those of you who are worried about Shawn, Glen's Bro playing drums, you should know that he nailed everything right on for the whole show... Everything they played kicked right through the speakers... And when Glen and Dave play together on the solo for Kick the Chair... Just wait man... The band is f*cking great right now, and for those who have yet to see them for this tour, you will not be dissappointed. This band of Megadeth f*cking kicks major ass...

Two thumbs WAY up!!!

Blackmail The Universe Tee

What the ....... Oh my ........ Take a look at this, man! It's one friggin AWESOME t-shirt!!! Exclusively sold at the concert merchandise ONLY. 8O Cant wait to buy it when MEGADETH is in Singapore! ;)

Megadeth - Blackmail The Universe Tee

Megadeth-Tee-BlackmailTheUniverse_01.jpg

Dave Mustaine meets & greets the fans backstage after the show. Gee, look at tat awesome Tee the fan is wearing! Its the BLACKMAIL THE UNIVERSE t-shirt i posted above. :eek: Damn awesome!!! i mean the t-shirt, of course....haha :D

Megadeth-DaveMustaine_02.jpg

Megadeth-DaveMustaine_03.jpg

stars said:
so isit true they coming to sg ?

like how many % chance ?

Right now, i would say its 50/50 chance, but once MEGADETH's Pacific Rim tour kicks off next year which will begin at Japan 1st, if im not wrong, then things will start to heat up as we will see if Singapore is part of the Pacific Rim tour. Dave Mustaine did mention tat he would love to perform in Singapore for the very 1st time if possible.

So keep yur fingers crossed & continue to show yur MEGA-support! ;)

Chakalot said:
Man I do hope they come to Singapore, but right now I really can't see a lot of people showing up for the concert.

dun worry........ there's lots of metal heads out there...... dun 4get......... Megadeth has been around for almost 20 years........ imagine how many thousands in S'pore have been influenced by them..........

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Chakalot said:
Man I do hope they come to Singapore, but right now I really can't see a lot of people showing up for the concert.

Ha I dug up this picture of me with my favorite guitarist of all time...Marty Friedman!

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgAZ...I4ocxJlMBA8nvPUesjc47f82JavQ/171-7187_IMG.JPG

YOU LUCKY DUDE!!!! I absolutely love Marty....as for your point abt not many pple turning up for the gig, just let them be. Leave them to their Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit. We know better.

Chakalot said:

Ha I dug up this picture of me with my favorite guitarist of all time...Marty Friedman!

afterdeath said:
dun worry........ there's lots of metal heads out there...... dun 4get......... Megadeth has been around for almost 20 years........ imagine how many thousands in S'pore have been influenced by them..........

:evil:

Vaiyen said:
YOU LUCKY DUDE!!!! I absolutely love Marty....as for your point abt not many pple turning up for the gig, just let them be. Leave them to their Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit. We know better.

Good to see Mega-fans here. As long as we keep our faith & support for MEGADETH, it will be encouraging for concert distributor to bring in MEGADETH. Every little efforts goes a long way. Here's some info on the MEGADETH - Los Angeles concert setlist & pixs @29th Oct

Latest posts

Back