Maru

17 SEP 2010, FRI

9.30pm

(1hr, no intermission)

Esplanade Recital Studio

$25

www.esplanade.com
www.sistic.com

"The choice of songs and the process of producing this record was a very personal affair... These are tunes that speak deeply to me or about me" – Maya Nova.

Delve into lush depths this late night with the gorgeous voice of jazz vocalist Maya Nova as she introduces songs from her debut album Open.

Comprising some of her favourite tunes, this Late Nite repertoire from her album Open includes inspired renditions of jazz standards such as I’m Old Fashioned, You and the Night and the Music, Speak Low, Wild is the Wind and Groovin’ High as well as two originals, the Bulgarian folk song-based Polegnala e Todora Blues and Open.

A familiar face on the live music scene, Bulgarian jazz vocalist Maya Nova has been living in Singapore for over eight years, holding residencies at hot spots and jazz aficionado clubs and continuously performing at concerts, festivals and corporate events around the region. The main voice study lecturer at LaSalle College of The Arts was a semi-finalist of the famed Shure Montreux Jazz Voice Competition 2009 at the 43rd Montreux Jazz Festival in Switzerland.

With:
Tan Wei Xiang
Tony Makarome
Tan Boon Gee
Special guest appearances:
Alina Ramirez
Dawn Ho

Back