Martial Arts

its a simple but kinda efficient type of self defense.. its not a sport though.. im doin brazilian jiu jitsu.. :) cheers!

hell yeah krav maga looks cool!
also the unarmed combat they teach to the U.S marines. awesome stuff.

i once saw a cqc(close quarters combat) training vid for the russian military also, walau tough shit sia, literally keep getting randomly beaten up by trainers,must be to train to tahan...

I saw a beginner Krav Maga lesson at SAFRA Tampines the other day, I think its a very cool and hip martial arts nowadays. lol

As for me, I did Brazilian Jujitsu(yellow belt) and moved on from there unofficially, and practiced Silat from my grandfather.haha.and I am/was a middleweight class boxer. Not kick-boxing, just boxing. People always get it confused..But kinda a pity that the sport is dying :(

Silat is way more powerful than Krav Maga in my opinion, its so swift and agile, but at the same time, utilises mental strength more to withstand long-duration fighting, instead of physical strength...but of course, I'm too bulky to 'snake' around :/.. Anyone do greco-roman wrestling? I heard it was more bad-ass than wrestling. I dunno..haha

Last edited:
Krav Maga emphasises on improvisation and underhanded tactics like hitting where it hurts... You get what I mean. That's what makes is so useful. Oh the US marine thing is called the McMap training course.

Lol..Yea, I remembered it was called 'Jujitsu' only though. The sensei is from Brazil though, but I'm not sure if he has direct teaching from Hickson Gracie, considering him a yodan-level back then..Nyway, so I assumed it was a BJ. lol

Anybody do Silat and/or boxing here?

I was learning boxing in Farrer Park Boxing Gym...but i haven't been there since i got injured in my knee.... so frustrating.. i wanna get back! Hitting the bag was soo sooo satisfying... haha...!

Back