Marshall class 5 amp.

Joevyn

Hi guys,

Just wanted to know where i can find the above amp for a test run. Been looking for a low wattage tube
amp to upgrade from my line 6. E-mailed Davis and they said it wont come in soon, is there anywhere else?
And also, what other low wattage tube amps do you guys recommend? Looking for those under 10 watts for
home use :) Anyways, Thanks for reading!

Cheers,
Joevyn.

Davis is the only local Marshall dealer. Other low-wattage amps you can consider are the Vox AC4, Lil' Night Train, VHT Special 6, Special 6 Ultra, Fender Champ 600 and the Laney Cub series.

Thanks you for your reply! Really helped. looked up the other amps you suggested, interested in the ac4 and the champ 600. I know that i can try out the ac4 at citymusic, any idea where i can find the champion 600 other than swee lee? thanks bro

Only Swee Lee brings it in. There's also the Blackstar HT-5, which I recommend simply because it has a fantastic line-out to direct record or for DI into the PA for added flexibility.

Only Swee Lee brings it in. There's also the Blackstar HT-5, which I recommend simply because it has a fantastic line-out to direct record or for DI into the PA for added flexibility.

I have the Blackstar HT-5 too and it is awesome! I also love the fact that it has an effects loop.

Go check them out at Woodworkz @ Excelsior.

Hey man, you should check out the cub 12 or if you're on a budget the cub 10. Really excellent amps. Great cleans as well as drives. However it's a one channel amp, but if you play around with your vol control, you can get a whole bunch of tones! Has an efx loop as well.

IMO this is way better than the ac4. For a bit more you get a lot more features as well as a more
Useable tone. The stock ac4 just sounds muddy to me.

There are also the Jet City amps. if you could extend your budget a bit more, try out the JCA22 combo. Sounds really awesome! Really like the drive on all the Jet City amps. 2 channel amp with an efx loop.

Last edited:
i'm in the VHT camp..

have the special 12/20. It's amazing for it's price, not far from the fender deluxe reverb i use in church. Of course i use both mainly on the clean setting.

Full tube as well.

Hey man, you should check out the cub 12 or if you're on a budget the cub 10. Really excellent amps. Great cleans as well as drives. However it's a one channel amp, but if you play around with your vol control, you can get a whole bunch of tones! Has an efx loop as well.

IMO this is way better than the ac4. For a bit more you get a lot more features as well as a more
Useable tone. The stock ac4 just sounds muddy to me.

There are also the Jet City amps. if you could extend your budget a bit more, try out the JCA22 combo. Sounds really awesome! Really like the drive on all the Jet City amps. 2 channel amp with an efx loop.

Thanks for the reply man! But i just want to know is 12 watts a little too loud for home use? i wanted a tube amp but looked for those between 5-10 watts. But im just not sure about the volume level above that. Im using a 15 watt line 6 at home and im like only using a tad of the master volume. Just putting it out there, Thanks for the reply guys!

It's actually a 15w amp, 12 refers to the speaker diameter, common misconception haha. There's actually a 1w input if I'm not wrong,
Allows you to crank up the master volume to get some nice power tube distortion as well. Sounds just as good as the 15w mode

What's wrong with us having the Champion 600? :(

Definitely check out the Cubs though if you're looking for a value for money solution! Great advice :) if you have time - do stop by and try out the Ibanez TSA5 or TSA15 too - they've blown a lot of people away!

What's wrong with us having the Champion 600? :(

Definitely check out the Cubs though if you're looking for a value for money solution! Great advice :) if you have time - do stop by and try out the Ibanez TSA5 or TSA15 too - they've blown a lot of people away!

Thank you! Nothing wrong with swee lee really, just want to know where else i can find it. No problem, will drop by soon! Just wondering if you could tell me the prices of the fender champ 600 and the ibanez amps? thanks a bunch!

Latest posts

Back