Maestro EJ - 1

RussGlenn

Hi i;m planning on getting a guitar. i;m not that good at it but really got interest in it. Recently my Brandless $20 guitar given to me by my sister broke.. the neck broke. i took it a a sign to buy one for myself to call my own.

well i went down to maestro today and went to look around. tested out SD -1 but wasent to my liking. i wanted one with a Warm sound. warm deep sound so the guy there showed me a Jumbo series guitar.. 1st time i heard of it. kinda like it. well now considering. i like to do strumming as well as plucking but if i;m not wrong Jumbo are ment more for strums right? please enlighten me. my budget was$300 and it cost $449. is it worth it to up my budget and get it.. haha if i get it means i got to get a jumbo sized bag to protect my new "baby" and its gonna cost.. really considering.
can any1 tell me the Pros and cons about this guitar here thanks

Last edited:
rather spend 150 bucks more for a guitar you would keep and use for a long time.

the solid top supposedly ages with time too, and would sound better and better.

in my opinion, while certain guitar body shapes are usually better at doing certain stuff, fingerpicking, strumming or what. its not a hard and fast rule. nothing beats trying each guitar yourself, following what your ears and fingers tell you.

:D

Last edited:
While usually certain shapes have attachments to certain playing-styles, however the jumbo is not as restricted. It's great for both strumming as well as picking.

One thing that I love about jumbos is how big it sounds. The bass response is also very much more complete and defined. One that that deters some people from getting a jumbo is the size. Ladies especially find them too big for comfort, to big to handle. Sorry, if it sounds wrong.

The EJ-1 has a solid spruce top with maple sides and back. It combines the adequate bass response of a jumbo, without sacrificing the highs. (maple sides and back gives it the brightness)

But if you are looking for something even warmer, try the EJ-2, or my personal favourite, the EJ-3.

Solid tops do indeed age and mature with time and playing. They 'open up', and will generally sound better.

And FYI, the jumbo sized gigbag is not exactly very costly.

Back