m-audio radium 49

azhiwen

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Radium49-main.html

hi guys,

just curious to know if anyone has used this before and has any comments about it?? i actually decided to buy this midi controller cum keyboard but i have have read several bad reviews about it recently...including knobs coming off after using it a couple of times...and the slider not reaching to the top of the slider groove.....

this thus made me wonder if it was just a one off thing or is it common in every one that they produce...

any idea of the price range?? i chose the radium because i thought it was reasonably priced...at 250 (i think)....

sinamex

go ask Sinemax or see Alesis website.
I no sure.

I'm waiting for the Alesis Photon X49 release

Hey, i own the Radium 61 version and had it for 4 months now....
had no problem with the sliders or knobs or whatever. the only thing is, the AC adapter got fried i think when i tried powering it up for the first time....but nevertheless....it works fine and well with usb power.

but if you worry abt that kinda stuff.....you can always try it out at the shop before buying. Anyway, visit http://www.sinamex.com/Store/M-Audio.htm
if u havent already...that's the price list for all the m-audio products that's available at Sinamex

just curious....if you're gonna get the radium 49, what are u gonna use it with? a computer softsynth or a sound module rack?

for my radium 61, i use it with both a softsynth and a rack.

ey! not bad for a 1st post eh?

hi..thanks for the comment...i was gonna use it with the comp soft synth....

went to the sinamax site before....but was surfing around one day when i came across some comments regarding the keyboard thats why i decided to ask if anyone else had this problem...

yup!!! not bad!!! welcome to the forum! :D :D

radium 61

LuZeR said:
the AC adapter got fried i think when i tried powering it up for the first time....

hi, what's the problem regarding the power adapter?
I'm considering to buy it as a MIDI controller for softsynths
as well as gigging controller.

pls advise, thank you.

I have no idea what went wrong with the power adapter. I think it short circuited or something.

Anyway, it is excellent as a midi controller for soft synths. You just need to worry about getting good sounds from the soft synth and there you go.

But if u wanna use it as a gigging controller, you'll need a sound module for that unless:

you wanna bring a laptop with your softsynth in it,
plug your m-audio keyboard to it so you can use the softsynth and usb power and lastly,
plug a cable from your laptop's headphone/line out to an amp.

I've tried using my Radium 61 with Mac's GarageBand before but mostly i use it with my Yamaha rack. I performed once in public using Radium 61, the Yamaha rack and my friend's powerbook for usb power. I think ppl must have been wondering what the hell am I doing with a laptop on stage. lol

As another note: The feel of the keys on Radium 61 is decent. It's not fully weighted like a stage piano but semi-weighted and velocity sensitive, i.e. the feel is suitable enough, not too 'fake' unlike other keyboards where the keys are too light and impossible to control dynamics (loud and soft).

LuZeR said:
I have no idea what went wrong with the power adapter. I think it short circuited or something.
Thank you for the posting,
I bought the Radium61 today
and found out from the manual
it doesn't come with any power adapter.

Probably the one you use wasn't suitable,
that's why it got fried.

Radium49 can run on batteries,
but 49keys are not enough.

I'll be using the Radium61 for soft-synth at home
and a MIDI controller for jam/gig outside home.

and found out from the manual
it doesn't come with any power adapter.

okay....i didn't know that....lol

Radium49 can run on batteries

really? like energizer batteries?? didn't know that too!! lol

Thank you for the posting

No problem and oh, since you've already bought it, why not post your opinions on it after awhile? Might be useful for anyone looking to buy/use M-Audio's Radium keyboards in future.

i'm gonna buy one soon...but the 49 keys one though...poor student who's buying it together with the m-audio delta 44....

you'll cherish your setup and make maximum output from it...
and you'll learn the way to squeeze resources out from it

your current finanical status is just for temp, stride out to size the day
and it'll be yours.

yup saving for a korg as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

btw...you think its really necessary to buy a new soundcard?? i'm currently using a creative soundcard(not audigy....the name of it has slipped my mind)....the only problems i ahve are latency problems....

Latest posts

Back