Line6 POD 2.0

maestro

hi guys, would like some help & opinions.

i've been thinking about getting a Line6 POD 2.0 lately. I know XT is a the newer & better version but due to budgetary reasons, i'd like to know if the POD 2.0 is still worth my money & what are the major differences between XT & 2.0.

advice & opinions, particularly from POD users, would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

hie there...well for a start, are u an active performer n play live? coz the pod 2.0 is not really something tat u would want to use to play live..u can buy e additional pedal board though but tat will cost more money. To compare between e feature n effect etc u can go to their website.. e powerful n great website.. www.line6.com
U might want to consider podxt.. not podxt live juz podxt. Go check them out.
the best thing to do is to go down to citymusic n check the stuffs personally..check the latest prices etc.. e prices for its pedalboard etc.
Well that's it i guess
Thank u very much

One said:
hie there...well for a start, are u an active performer n play live? coz the pod 2.0 is not really something tat u would want to use to play live..u can buy e additional pedal board though but tat will cost more money. To compare between e feature n effect etc u can go to their website.. e powerful n great website.. www.line6.com
U might want to consider podxt.. not podxt live juz podxt. Go check them out.
the best thing to do is to go down to citymusic n check the stuffs personally..check the latest prices etc.. e prices for its pedalboard etc.
Well that's it i guess
Thank u very much

thanks for ur prompt reply guys.

firstly, i'm looking at the POD more for direct line-in recording. i did check out Line6's website but could only find audio samples for XT(which sound great) but none for 2.0. also, i couldn't find any reasonable comparisons aside from the difference in the number of effects & amp models.

mainly, i just wanna know if 2.0 stands up well on its own.

yah, i did go down to city music & saw it on offer for $316, hence the temptation to get one. i'll try to bring down my gear & test it proper one of these days maybe.

Hey man..It's a good start into the world of Line 6's professional sounds, certainly value for money at under $400. For recording, this little bean will serve your needs, cuz the Amp and Effect combinations are pretty standard across most players (although I'd like a bit more flexibility when coming up with interesting sounds by mixing/matching different stomps, effects and delays, possible with XT but not with POD).

I found the sound of the POD roughly similar to the XT, I do believe if you configure them to the same settings, they'll sound identical. The XT, however, sounds far more authentic than the POD due to its flexibility in mixing/matching any component in the effects chain of your sound.

Back