Line 6 Spider II 15 or Roland Cube 15

Which amp is better and value for money?

• Total voters

domonizo

Hey guys. need your help on my selection on amps.

Between the Spider II 15 or Cube 15? They're both of about $200+, that's where my budget lies. So, which one would you'll recommend.

sorry i didn't vote.

for the $$ & simply good tones, i'd advice you to acquire a CUBE30 instead. the problem is of course, it's not available currently...

it depends on what kind of sound u r looking for...this 2 amps provide different type of tone..so u really need to test it 1st b4 purchasing...

personally i own a spider2...its nt a bad amp...jus tt the clean is nt really 'clean'

yea i second subversion's recommendation of the cube 30 too.

More amp models which is good if u are just starting out cos u can save urself from the dilemma of whether u need a multi efx or not later.

U get some nice effects as well, tho v generic and not really tweakable, but it's still gives u something for u to play and experiment with.

The 10" speaker is also loud enuff if u wanna bring it along to jam in ur friends' hse or smthing.

All in all a good amp. I have it and i'm speaking from my experience with it.

Top up some money urself and then u wun need to change ur amp for a v v long time.

The Cube 15 lacks a lot of the modelling and digital efx of the MicroCube and Cube30.

In comparision with the Line6, I would (gasp!) take the line 6. 8)

ItAcHi said:
it depends on what kind of sound u r looking for...this 2 amps provide different type of tone..so u really need to test it 1st b4 purchasing...

personally i own a spider2...its nt a bad amp...jus tt the clean is nt really 'clean'

hahha.the clean isnt really 'clean'..thats really funny man!!!

anyway..yeah, i agree the roland 30 is good, have a friend who owns one. It's really like, the best between the other 2 choices. but i guess for now, it's just what i have to live with..

thanks for the voting guys

haha...sorry for my poor english...cos i cant seem to find the right word to say it...so u r playin of a more emo to punk kind of music...line6 might nt be the one amp for it...cos it rather for metal...

Like shredcow said, if u die die can only choose between cube 15 or line6, then take the line6

Like i said, if u are willing to save up alittle longer, get the cube 30 over the line6 instead. it will serve u more than the bands u mentioned shld ur tastes change.

yup...actually now with sales on on city music and swee lee...u shld try other amps besides these 2...there r a few amps out there tt can fix into ur budget...

i bought my line 6 spider II 15w from city music for $220 last week, enjoying it everyday now! the clean is really lousy compared to vox or marshall. but i bot it for the metal and insane channel...i play my clean tunes on the crunch channel. the other effects like sweep echo, tape echo, reverb, phaser, chorus flange and tremolo are the plus points for this amp. its bloody loud for 15w and an 8 inch speaker...have to play it at volume 2...earlier on i almost bought the same amp second hand for 190 but some other guy viewed it before me so he got it...but hey for $30 more i didnt mind buying the new one. im pretty sure the spider II is lighter than the cube 15.

Latest posts

Back