Lila Drums - African Drumming School

DjembeSingapore

Lila Drums - About Us

We truly believe that drumming is for everyone.

Besides lessons on hand drums, traditional drums and percussion instruments of various musical styles and cultures, we also offer druming sessions for recreation, healing, team building and community enhancement.

Even before the times of our techno-dependant-days, drumming and percussion had already existed, in most, if not all cultures from around the world. The very first music from the earliest of tribes and races, already contain percussive or drumming elements of one kind or another in them. Thus, drumming was really part of anyone and everyone’s life back then; it was food for the mind.

Today, be it driving, taking a bus ride, working at your desk or waiting for the lift, each and everyone of us knows a rhythm or two to tap along. So you see, all of us are born with some kind of rhythm sense. At Lîla Drums, we aim to bring out the drummer in you.

At the end of the day, it is about improving the quality of your life through the most primitive method: music, drumming in particular. Something that is instinctive in all human beings.

Young or old, we welcome all to Lîla Drums.

For more info about us, class schedules and info, and our other services, please visit our site: http://www.liladrums.com

Mamady Keita Workshop 2009

African drumming workshop conducted by the grandmaster of the djembe, Mamady Keita.

DSC04290.jpg

DSC04293.jpg

Hmm spotted one of my friends in the picture.

Very tempted to learn...I believe its an important skill-set for drummers to have...being versatile/flexible.

Looks like I have to invest in a djembe...maybe you can post a thread on choosing djembes?

Very tempted to learn...I believe its an important skill-set for drummers to have...being versatile/flexible.

Looks like I have to invest in a djembe...maybe you can post a thread on choosing djembes?

Hello Bro Frummer...Kekkekekekeke...yeah bery important for us Drummers - We know how to hit (using Sticks) - now I also have to learn how to - " SLAP " .... Kekekekeke...in case a Girl slap me - I slap her back then she knows...chailat chailat one ...Whahahahaha.

Ok joke aside .... Djembe is really a nice Instrument.

Kelvin Kew's Pyramid of Rhythms

Kelvin Kew with the Lila Drums students performing the Pyramid of Rhythms at Kallang CC grounds last December 13, 2009.

ensemble.jpg

MAMADY KEITA'S MINI-GUINEA CAMP ASIA 2010

Mamady Keita, the great djembefola from Guinea (West Africa), will be holding his Mini-Guinea 2010 Asia djembe workshop in Singapore. There will be 8 days of workshop for djembe players of intermediate level and above. Mamady will be teaching traditional rhythms, solo technique and his compositions.
MK_2010.jpg

FOR MORE INFO, please click on this link - TTM SINGAPORE MK WORKSHOP.

Back