Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven [The Satanic Messages]

songs sounds quite nice too when their play reverse :lol:
maybe next time record labels can come out wif an album wif 2 CD... 1 is the original one... the other 1 is the reversed one.... :D

my personal take on this is just becareful lar... u never know what kind of influence music will do to u... satanic or not..... some people can do crazy things just by listening to too many love songs...

actually when i was young i heard that Satan was once a very helpful angel beside GOD....he is the angel of music. The little angel who is always taking a harp. he told GOD that, he wanted to conquer this world like GOD and he will do it on his own talent.

not sure anyone here heard about it.

hmmm.... this sort of thing better u go ask someone who u sure knows whats it all about... prob a christian lar.... later become like some people i know... having the weridest ideas about all God, Satan stuff ....can put some cults belief to shame

Lol gordonzzz whats do scary abt it? Lol still singing what just that it sounds weird. Hahaha

Imagine it was Arch Enemy's vox, or the erm, cradle of filth's vox singing that. Wakakaka now thats scary lol

I guess alot of people who replied in this thread got the wrong idea and also didn't see the big picture.

Firstly, I'm a freethinker, a steady one. I'm not actually worried about being converted by music into a demon worshipper. It's just that this song's reverse version is so intriguing that I felt like talking about it. I'm concerned about how people can hide such subliminal messages, whether with technology or pure artistic talent, inside their music.

That's all, thanks for trying to explain to me your way of understanding it.

Actually subiminal messages is not a new fangled toy. Back in the 70's advertisers were already toying with this possibility, by inserting 1 frame out of let's say every 500 frames with the text like "Go and buy this NOW!!", on TV ads. What we call the power of persuasion.

Then the activists came in drove to protest this, is when it gained wide spread knowledge. In the 80's religious groups were really HOT on this topic, trying to tell the world that listening to rock music is a sin. They will give sermons on the hidden messages in rock music, and playback the purported messages for the congregation to hear. Well the main idea is to win more 'supporters & members' to their sect.

I remember seeing a documentry on this report.

Like they say, it's how you interpret it. If you take it as word to follow, then you are falling into a trap. But if you take it as a warning, to be on your guard, then you can be more safe. You have to reason it morally, if the song tells you live sucks and not worth living and you really falls for it, then you are the biggest sucker in the world.

Look around, go smell the roses, not the dung.

mikemann, you still don't get what I mean?

I'm not concerned about the music-influence-me thing. I want to know about the reasons and the methods, not the effects. I've seen what music makes people become. I'm not interested in religious conflict.

and I don't think rock or metal is satanic in general. :)

Yes, I do, that's why I do not go into detail about religion and conflicts. Just merely stating that the issue mentioned is not new, already covered widely long ago.

Anyway, no point to bring up such topics as it will invoke strong opinions from fundamentalists.

Again I say, its not new, it's very old and people will argue no end on topics like this.

I just say, interpret it as you yourself see fit, and NO NEED to tell others about your own opinion. It's your life, no one can stop you if you do funny things to yourself, just don't do funny things onto others, it's the least ONESELF can morally do.

:smt057 PEACE BROTHER!!

BTW....the artist already revealed that it's not an intentional act. So it must either be coincidental, or he is lying, that's all.

Method wise, get a sound engineer or composer who has a lot of spare time and wacky enuff to do it. You surely can INTENTIONALLY insert sub messages into your song.
1) Create your intended sub message and backtrack it, hear what it sounds like and from there compose the actual song lyrics (from your backtracked sub message) .
2) Use sophisicated masking programme during editing to insert the sub message into the song as background sound or notes, or slow down or hasten the message playback. All part of technical masking possibilities.

gjkung, you think too much man. concentrate on more productive stuffs lah... These topics and questions are very the 'bo liao' leh. (haha...I am replying, thus I'm bo liao too....heehee)

Well look on the bright side, at least it didn't contain christian messages. We got enough people pushing the religion on Orchard Road already we don't need a good rock band pushing it as well :)

mikemann said:
Actually subiminal messages is not a new fangled toy. Back in the 70's advertisers were already toying with this possibility, by inserting 1 frame out of let's say every 500 frames with the text like "Go and buy this NOW!!", on TV ads. What we call the power of persuasion.

Then the activists came in drove to protest this, is when it gained wide spread knowledge. In the 80's religious groups were really HOT on this topic, trying to tell the world that listening to rock music is a sin. They will give sermons on the hidden messages in rock music, and playback the purported messages for the congregation to hear. Well the main idea is to win more 'supporters & members' to their sect.

I remember seeing a documentry on this report.

Like they say, it's how you interpret it. If you take it as word to follow, then you are falling into a trap. But if you take it as a warning, to be on your guard, then you can be more safe. You have to reason it morally, if the song tells you live sucks and not worth living and you really falls for it, then you are the biggest sucker in the world.

Look around, go smell the roses, not the dung.

hmm sounds like a mental state called hemi synching i think..in which both hemispheres of the brain act together and the person does something he won't do...good point +1

It starting to seem like it was wrong for me to start this thread.

Anyway, unless someone has an intriguing or extremely strong point, please stop posting.

Latest posts

Back