John Mayer - Gravity (Solo) - Cover - Fender JM BLK 1 Strat - Fractal Audio Axe Fx II

j_m_s

http://youtu.be/_52dfwKbjXY

Been awhile, really caught up in school and exams so much so that I haven't played guitar properly in months! That also explains the lack of any new uploads. Haven't touched this particular guitar in a couple of weeks and it definitely needs new strings too.

Tweaked this tone a couple on months ago on FW 6.02 (i think) using my studio monitors and got pretty close. In this video I'm running the Axe Fx II into a Vox AC4TV. I did turn off power amp and cab sims but it's still a little bright for my taste oh well! I just updated to FW 8.01a today and that definitely did change the tone a little but I reckon it's still alright.

Not the best playing definitely (out of time at some points!), so.. in John Mayer's own words.. "Go easy on me" haha. Definitely one of my favourite JM songs of all time and I hope to be able to hear him play this one live. I've watched countless videos of him just totally destroying (in a good way) this song live and I definitely want to witness that in person :) Not the most technical solos but definitely fits extremely well into the flow of the song.

Video/Audio both come from the built in stuff on my iPhone 5. Terrible lighting and I didn't focus it so it is a little out of focus!

Guitar: Fender John Mayer BLK1 Signature Stratocaster
Amp/Effects: Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Vox AC4TV
Camera/Audio: iPhone 5

Back