Joey Jordison Signature Series

I've gotten an Anti Vibe stick before. like after a month of playing with it, the rubber thingy below the stick which absorbs the vibe came off and i was WHAT THE PHUCK!? I could shove it back in but it just keeps coming out. Anyone experienced the same? I'm never going to get those sticks again, but it did feel good.

So, continuing with the proper discussion of thread, anyone got news on where to purchase Ahead sticks from Singapore yet? :lol:

Get ahead!? That's what ive been posting. Where can i actually purchase them? Enough preaching on how bad ahead sticks are, im just collecting \m/

davenoy said:
Get ahead!? That's what ive been posting. Where can i actually purchase them? Enough preaching on how bad ahead sticks are, im just collecting \m/

i also looking like amd for that stick.

How about organising a mass shipping from a US music store? At the same time, ship it together with a bunch of Wuhans, I want them really badly. 8)

"...Same reason why drummers are not encouraged to mount their cymbals perfectly flat like Travis Barker, mainly because it damages cymbals."

sorry wired, i just find it really funny.

it's the same as saying "drummers are encouraged to sit up straight and have proper posture while drumming, not slouching and making arcs with your shoulders, because it damages your back."

and at least 1/2 the drummers i know slouch like old farts when they play.

Guess what guys? Nigel of Drum Resources will be bringing in Ahead and Wuhans. So hold on to your wallets until the shop is open! :D

I just visited DrumResources, totally great place.

Prices for Ahead sticks are like $60++

The way Nigel promoted the sticks to me about how it lasts and how versatile it is makes me want to get it, but does it really damage the cymbals?

My friend just blew his allowance on Ahead drumsticks. His cousin who lives in the US bought and shipped them for him. I showed him this thread and he took every precaution to prevent the sticks from damaging his Sabian cymbals. and guess what. His hi-hat bears a nice 'little' dent now from the ahead sticks. It's quite funny.

on a side note...I bought the anti-vibe sticks, 5B's...are they really that bad? after a month the rubber falls out?

well probably if u play vigorously then it falls off..i bought my sticks and i've been using them for a few months aleady. and they're still in good condition.

but probably cuz i don't use them much and i also use them on my electronic drumkit which has rubber pads.i did use it on an acoustic drumset a couple of times though..nutting happened..

ixora05 said:
My friend just blew his allowance on Ahead drumsticks. His cousin who lives in the US bought and shipped them for him. I showed him this thread and he took every precaution to prevent the sticks from damaging his Sabian cymbals. and guess what. His hi-hat bears a nice 'little' dent now from the ahead sticks. It's quite funny.

on a side note...I bought the anti-vibe sticks, 5B's...are they really that bad? after a month the rubber falls out?

lol yea my rubber fell out too.

oh no. I shall start saving for a new pair of sticks. See this is why I said we need a SOFT drummers' outing to go shopping. so the masters can help the n00bs like me pick out nice sticks.

Back