Joey Jordison Signature Series

hey ho let`s go!!!!!!!

u have to order ah bro.....coz my drummer got a pair....n a fren of his ordered it 4 him coz u can`t find any here....

well actually there is someone bringing in ahead sticks now. the ad was on soft some time ago. i dont have his contacts and all but he did post a link, i thnk in the ads page or somthing.

Yeah, buy some ahead sticks, I'm sure it's all cool to hit your precious cymbals with a metal rod. :roll:

well, contrary to what people say, ahead sticks have not damaged any of my cymbals, and ive been using those sticks for about 2 years now. so i dont think theres anything wrong with them except that they are a little pricey.

I don't want to be an ass, but I strongly discourage any use of Ahead drumsticks.

I can see no reason why anyone would want to buy Ahead drumsticks besides the fact that they have Lars' or Joey's name on it.

Hollow aluminium sticks are NOT more durable than wood sticks, so durability isn't a factor here.

Rimshots will sound totally wrong. By having horrible rimshots, you're depriving yourself of a very dynamic drum sound that has many useful applications.

Same for cross-sticking, the last thing I want to do is to do cross-sticking on a wood hoop with Ahead drumsticks.

Also, it feels far less responsive. The severe lack of rebound is going to make you develop bad techniques over time. Such as over-using your wrists and forearm.

The plastic sheath isn't going to save your cymbals or drumheads. The metal is still denser than conventional hickory sticks. Metal is definitely not as flexible as wood. Talk to anyone working in the cymbal making industry. Call up Sabian, Zildjian, Paiste, Istanbul, whatever. All of them are going to tell you that wood has a natural flexibility that is only exclusive to wood. It may not break your cymbals, but it will definitely weaken it. This will be the exact situation if you play thick thrash can cymbals like Z custom crashes. It can take a punishment, but it will slowly weaken over time.

And the price tag, god, the price tag. Who in the right mind will ever want to buy such an expensive pair of sticks. Oh, yeah, durability, Aheads are supposedly more durable than wood sticks eh? :roll: No drummer with proper techniques should be breaking sticks excessively. With proper techniques, the only reasons why wood sticks can break is either because of a thinned out shaft or a chipped tip.

Do yourself a favour, respect your equipment and yourself as a drummer. Get yourself the proper tools of the trade.

different ppl got different taste mah.......

one man's food might be another man poison.......

no hard feeling......... wat u dun like doesn't mean the rest also ........so relax, man....... :wink:

just have fun........ :roll:

:twisted:

+ 1 million!

yeah. what you dont like dosnt mean other people must dont like also.
anyway thansk for the advice, ive tried the ahead drumstick and i like the feel. i didnt know its a wood at the first placed, i tried it and i found it so comfortable and when i asked the guy who lend me the stick said it made of metal.

i was like wow.

now how much is the stick cost? anyone knows?

It's not a matter of taste, as I've said, there is no reason why anyone would want to use a pair of Aheads. I'm not endorsing any brand of wood sticks, it's just that way too many young drummers get carried away with these gimmicks and end up doing more harm to their playing than good. What's next? Buying some $300 Ahead drumsticks that has inbuilt laser pointers?

super_punk said:
yeah the drummer in my band uses ahead sticks. lars ulrich model.

right lars?

very right.

and to the other dude, i dont think theres anything wrong with ahead sticks so quit whining. unless u can prove to me that my cymbals are taking a beating, i think ill carry on using my sticks. oh and by the way a drummer looks way cooler using ahead sticks than just ordinary wooden sticks.

lars_ulrich said:
and to the other dude, i dont think theres anything wrong with ahead sticks so quit whining. .

My apologies if you took offence in my posts. But you have to understand that this is a forum, a place for open discussion, and that this thread is about Ahead drumsticks.

I'm not whining, I'm just discouraging the use of Ahead drumsticks. So I would prefer you to debunk my claims than to resort to attacks like that.

And how can you say that there's nothing wrong with Aheads when I just mentioned at least a couple of problems with Aheads.

Oh and by the way, I DID prove that Ahead sticks harm your cymbals, if you actually read my post.

Not trying to be harsh, but it's that people succumb to marketing gimmicks like that so readily (and blindly).

You may not agree with me, but drumming is very little about how cool you look behind the kit. Same reason why drummers are not encouraged to mount their cymbals perfectly flat like Travis Barker, mainly because it damages cymbals.

where to get AHEAD sticks in singapore? how much

i dunno. but theres someone of soft who posted an ad.

and wired, drumming is more than just drumming. and unless u have actually used ahead sticks, i suggest that u do not make false claims. there are a lot of people who dont like ahead sticks and have stated similar reasons to yours.. maybe u have just copied their info...

i mean, i have been using ahead sticks for 2 years and my cymbals are in perfect condition. no cracks, nothing. so what are u talking about man?

Just use whatever U want.. There's no need to degrade or condemn things that U as an individual detest.. Might as well start a start a riot at Swee Lee, Yamaha, Ranking Sports, etc and those places if U don't like the things..

Feel free to share ur experience but don't discourage..

If the individual things that He likes to use Ahead sticks, so be it.. Does it affect U? If so, how?

I'm not using any Ahead sticks either but that doesn't permit me to condemn it. If U had been hitting the cymbals correctly, provided ur cymbals are tilted to the proper angle, there sld be no problem at all...

U are one funny dude!!! maybe U could share ur experience by giving a live demonstration on Sat. This, I wld definitely love to see...

I don't want to seem like a prick and all. But it's in my honest opinion that Ahead sticks should be condemned. Similarly, you can either take it with a pinch of salt, or totally ignore it at all.

lars_ulrich, have you ever wondered why you see similar comments made by so many people? Try considering the fact that maybe, yes, Ahead sticks may not seem as good as it looks. I don't own a pair, admittedly, but I've used them before and from my short experience with them, it's a product I'll discourage any drummer to purchase.

And yes, I understand that your cymbals are in perfect condition even after 2 years of playing. I'm not surprised if you have great techniques and did not break them at all. But as I've mentioned, it's not only the cymbal-breaking problems that Ahead sticks introduce, but also the fact that you deprive yourself of a whole range of sound that is solely exclusive to wood sticks.

shred5, I respect your opinion, but I believe I was fair in condemning Ahead sticks. I don't remember volunteering to burn down chains of music stores too. If Ahead comes up with some wood sticks, I would not condemn them immediately just because they have "AHEAD" labelled on them. On the other hand, if another stick company makes similar metal drumsticks, I'll stand by my judgement that these sticks are not that great of a product.

All I did was hoping to start a decent discussion on the pros and cons of Ahead sticks, there isn't a need to take offence in it and claiming that I'm "whining" and "making false claims".

Peace out.

wired said:
It's not a matter of taste, as I've said, there is no reason why anyone would want to use a pair of Aheads. I'm not endorsing any brand of wood sticks, it's just that way too many young drummers get carried away with these gimmicks and end up doing more harm to their playing than good. What's next? Buying some $300 Ahead drumsticks that has inbuilt laser pointers?

ROFL

wired said:
All I did was hoping to start a decent discussion on the pros and cons of Ahead sticks, there isn't a need to take offence in it and claiming that I'm "whining" and "making false claims".

Peace out.

There is no decency in condeming anything..

I'm not gonna argue the pros and cons of these Ahead sticks bcos I haven't play with them either.

Fair enough if u don't like Ahead sticks or Gostan sticks.. Who cares right?

Lars Ulrich doesn't.. Tico Torres doesn't, Matt Sorum doesn't, Tommy Lee doesn't, Joey Jordison doesn't and I don't either.

If its a marketing ploy by the company, I'm sure it works just fine with those endorsee..

I'm not condemning U either bro/sis or watever gender u might be but just a word of advice.

Sometimes its best to just keep it to yourself. U'll live longer that way :wink:

shred5 said:
I'm not condemning U either bro/sis or watever gender u might be but just a word of advice.

Sometimes its best to just keep it to yourself. U'll live longer that way :wink:

Whoa relek brudder!

Back