Iskandar Ismail : The music man

soft

Administrator
Staff member
Iskandar_Ismail.jpg
Being a musician in Singapore takes a lot of commitment. But that’s one thing that Iskandar Ismail has in spades.

Just how committed is he? Well, the Cultural Medallion recipient didn’t mind doing this interview, even though he was in hospital getting his lungs scanned.

“They found that I had blood clots in my lungs,” he said over the phone. “But at least, they now know what’s wrong with me.”

Iskandar was first diagnosed with lung cancer in 2010, and he completed his third round of chemotherapy earlier this year. Despite sounding tired, he insisted he was fine to talk about his life, his work and the new book that “offers a glimpse” into his life.

Written by Monica Gwee, the book, Iskandar Ismail: The Music Man, traces his 30-year career, which includes working with Asian pop artistes, most notably Dick Lee, as well as working on musicals such as Sing To The Dawn, Beauty World and Chang & Eng, television dramas such as On The Fringe and A War Diary, and bigger projects such as the National Day Parade, Chingay Parade and Singapore Youth Festival.

Read full article from TodayOnline .

Sample the book here .

Back