Is this a scam?

Frummer

Im not a guitarist or anything...but it looks fishy! :

http://www.luthermusic.com/cgi-bin/WB_ClassifiedsListGen.pl?t=&Cid=11

ok the exact 1 :

Date posted : 23 October 2005
Hi all,Please note that Soft.com registered members can recieved a plastic membership card @$10 and can recieve 20% off all guitar equipment at Sweelee from today till next Sat. Please kindly email me with your username.
Email:admin@soft.com.sg

true ah?from luther classifieds...

lol, why pay 10 bucks for a card when sweelee gives everyone who asks a 20% discount? O.O sounds wierd, imho.

unless, of course, its a compounded 20% or an additional one. lol. then heck, that 10bucks would be well spent

yea man...hopefully its not a scam...coz those who are scammed...well i pity them :(

its all weird

sounds weird to me. but it's only asking for email and username...how much damage can any scammer do with just your email and username?

defiantley a scam man....if we have some shit for us SOFTies, james wud post it here instad of luther what.

ixora05 said:
sounds weird to me. but it's only asking for email and username...how much damage can any scammer do with just your email and username?

Well they can collect ur email addresses and sell them to advertisers, which in turn send u irritating emails hawking their wares.

another case of hit and run.. go luther see man, Gibson LP going for $650. Some guy went to hijack the ads, change the prices.. tsk tsk

SOFTies, it is a scam! Do NOT email to admin@soft.com.sg

Don't know why someone would actually want to post something like this? haiz..

Well, anything official will be posted on SOFT.

lol official word now. but who on earth has so much time to go and play childish pranks like this?! goodness.

eh sofyan how did u get like a gazillion stars on ur avatar man?? keke.

anyways, was just about to ask abt the ads on luther...didn't think it was real la...some bored kid at home most prob...

Latest posts

Back